.sieben.

.sieben.

Grace gulped down the last of her margarita drink at the same time that Bastian downed his second bottle of beer. They had been having a contest to see who could finish theirs first. She set her glass on the table and looked to Bastian, pointing her index finger at him, "I beat you, so that means you me one of your national team shirts." She slurred. 

In order to get her to relax, Bastian had promised that she could have one of his national team jerseys if she could beat him to finishing her drink.

He nodded, and then waved the waitress over to order another drink. When the girl reached them, he told her, "Can I get another beer, and another margarita for my date?"

The girl nodded and jotted the order down before leaving them. Grace raised an eyebrow at the blonde haired footballer sitting next to her. Placing her elbow on the table and resting her head on her palm, she asked, "Are you trying to get me drunk?" Her voice sounded amused.

"I'm trying to get us both drunk." He replied with a smile.

Their waitress soon returned with their drinks and Grace immediately began sipping from her margarita glass. Her tongue was already accustomed to the taste, and it didn't taste so bad to her now. 

Grace was drinking from her pink lemonade margarita when Bastian asked her a question that was making him curious. "So Grace," He began, "You never got married?" He thought it was strange that she was such a beautiful woman who didn't have a boyfriend and who didn't go out much. He knew there had to be a reason behind that.

The dark haired woman shook her head, "Nope."

By this time, she had finished half of her second margarita, and she was feeling tipsy. 

"And where is Jude's dad?" He asked her another question.

That was when Grace's smile completely disappeared from her face. She answered his question with a shrug, "I don't know where he is. And I honestly don't trust you enough to tell you about it. We just met, what is wrong with you?" 

Bastian immediately regretted asking that question, it had put her in a bad mood. 

"Sorry." He apologized. But it was already too late.

The woman with jet black hair jumped off her bar stool and grabbed her purse from the table. "Take me back home, please." She demanded, her eyes looking teary.

"But Gracie-"

"Please Bastian." She said once more.

He got his wallet out and dropped some money on the table. There was a frown on his face as they both walked out the door. It was only midnight, and they would be returning home long before they expected. 

-

Bastian took her back home that night and when he parked his car in front of her house, he tried to apologize once more to her. "I'm sorry, Gracie. I didn't know you don't like talking about Jude's dad." Bastian felt genuinely sorry about ruining their night.

"I forgive you." She told him blankly, and her hand reached for the door handle.

"Can we go out again?" He wondered, biting his lip.

"Yeah." She told him, though her face remained expressionless. 

He leaned in to kiss her on the cheek goodbye, but she quickly got out of the car and shut the door behind herself. Grace walked up to her front door, unlocked it, and went inside. Bastian waited outside until he saw her disappear into her house. He wanted to make sure that she was home safe.

Then he drove back to his hotel for the night, still feeling bad about Grace's sudden change in mood. He was sure it had everything to do with the question he asked her.

Inside her house, Grace saw Jude and Marco in the living room. Her daughter was snuggled into her boyfriend's arms and they were both fast asleep. The television was on, playing a Disney movie, and on the coffee table was a mess of scattered popcorn and candy that that had eaten during their movie night. 

Grace walked over and turned off the television before heading for her room. 

It seemed that Jude and Marco had behaved, and she felt bad waking him up. So she let them be and half walked, half stumbled to her room.

She pushed her door open and dropped her purse on her vanity mirror. Grace didn't even have the energy to change into her pajamas. Quickly pushing her high heels off her feet, she crawled under the covers in her dress and immediately cried into her pillow.

So many memories came flooding back. And all because of one question.

Grace knew Bastian wasn't trying to make her feel bad, he had no way of knowing anything. He was only curious. But that curiosity brought back thing she didn't want to remember.

They were things she had tried so hard to forget. 

It was her burden, as well as the reason why she had avoided dating for so long.

All Grace Wopschall wanted to do now was to get into bed and not get out of it again.

-

yay, finally an update for this. we will get back to jude and marco in the next chapter, guys. dont worry ^.^ i want to write as much as i can this weekend because monday is my first day of school and i won't be able to write as much.

and just want to thank you all for reading this. it means a lot to me.

thank you!

-clary xx