.zehn.

.zehn. 

mariogoetze: back in my #bvb jersey for the day. i lost a bet. twitpic.com/12nvrtj7634hb

_esmuellert: i lost a bet so i have to wear this thing ALL DAY. sorry not sorry, but #miasanmia forever! twitpic.com/9nrfh23bub

woodynho: jude and i are unbeatable at FIFA.

woodynho: u were foolish to think u could beat us ;)

mariogoetze: @woodynho WE WANT A REMATCH.

judewopschall: omg marco, he types in capslock just like you.

judewopschall: #gotzeus

Jude was relieved that she and Marco had won the online tournament against Mario and Thomas. That meant she wouldn't have to be wearing a Bayern Munich jersey all day. 

She got out of bed in the morning and got in the shower. Then she got ready for work at the bakery. If her mother didn't get out of bed, she would have to handle work all on her own that day. But what worried her most was leaving Grace at home alone. Jude knew they had to open the bakery, they needed the money they made off selling pastries and lunch foods.

Before heading off to work, she went to go check on her mother.

"Mum," Jude shook her awake gently. "Are you coming to work with me today?" 

Grace stirred in her bed gently, but only shook her head, and said nothing.

With a sigh, her daughter said to her, "Well, I'm going to open up the bakery for a few hours. I'll close early so that I can come check on you. But you can call me if you need anything."

Jude grabbed her jacket on the way out and walked the short distance to the bakery. She opened up the shop on her own and went to stand at the register. 

Since they had been closed for the past few days, it was a while before someone arrived at the bakery. The first person to arrive was Marco, and she was happy to see him. He was in a very good mood. "Goodmorning Marco." She greeted him. 

He leaned over the counter and kissed her on the lips. 

"I have my first day back at training with the rest of the team." He grinned with excitement.

"Oh, I'm so happy for you!" She reached over the counter and pinched his cheek playfully before kissing him on the lips once more. "I'll be right back." She told him and rushed to the back room. Marco thought she was going to get some orders, but instead she returned with a white box. The smell that came from it made Marco's mouth water. They were fresh baked pastries.

Handing him the warm box, she told him, "This is for you and your friends, so you won't show up to your first day at training empty handed."

"Thank you, liebe." Marco said. 

After saying goodbye to his girlfriend, he left the bakery to go to football training.

-

At the training ground, his friends were surprised and happy to see Marco was back. 

Mats let his hand fall heavily on Marco's shoulder and gestured to the box in his hands. He was wearing only his training shorts, as he was in the process of changing clothes when Marco arrived. His training shirt was slung over his shoulder. "What's in the box, Reus?" He asked his friend.

"Jude made some pastries for you guys." Marco offered.

"Erotic baking?" Mats joked.

"No!" Marco laughed. "They're just regular pastries. Jude is great at baking."

Mats snatched the box from Marco, and lifted up the lid. "I want first pick so I can get the best pastry in the box." He said childishly. Sometimes Marco wondered if Mats' was naturally that way, or pretended to act like that. 

Marco sat on the bench in front of his locker and opened it up. While Mats spent the next five minutes looking at each pastry, trying to figure out which was the best one, that gave Marco enough time to change. Mats finally settled on one covered in chocolate and pieces of walnut. He closed the box and set it by Marco's side while he ate his pastry.

Looking up at his friend who was standing there eating his piece of bread, Marco groaned. "Dammit, Mats. That was the one I wanted."

Mats only shrugged. "You snooze, you lose."

He finished his pastry within seconds and returned to his locker to finish changing. Marco quickly finished changing into his training uniform and followed his team mates outside. All of them were curious to know what was in the box.

Before Jurgen came out and practice could start, Marco told all of his team mates, "Jude made these for all of you." By now, all of them knew, or thought that Marco Reus was going out with a man named Jude. "They're pastries."

Hesitantly, one by one they walked up to grab a pastry from the box. The last ones to do so were Mats and Erik. 

Marco pulled the box out of his reach, "You already had one."

"But there are still a lot left." He pointed out. 

Everyone had gotten one already, and there were still five pastries left in the box. "Then one is for Jurgen, and the rest are for me."

"Don't be greedy." Mats shot Marco a glare.

While Erik stood off to the side, Mats and Marco argued about the pastries. The younger footballer took a bite of his bread and grinned, "This is actually very delicious. Tell Jude we loved them." A lot of the others nodded their heads in agreement, many of them giving him a thumbs up.

"Well, Jude owns a bakery." He told them, matter-of-factly. "When I wasn't allowed back at practice, I would help out."

Mats and Erik looked at each other. "We should go there some time." The dark haired footballer grinned mischievously. What they wanted, more than another box of pastries, was to finally meet the mysterious Jude. No one knew who he was, no one knew what he looked like. Only Marco knew. It was like Jude Wopschall didn't exist.

But he did. And he was a she.

"Don't you dare go bother my Jude." Marco warned them.

"We just want some more of these pastries." Mats said innocently.

"I'll bring more tomorrow." Marco swore. But he didn't want his friends going to the bakery, bothering Jude, asking her questions. He knew Jude wasn't keen on being the center of attention of the media. She was even keeping her twitter profile private because she didn't want to be bothered. "Don't go to the bakery." He pointed his index finger at them menacingly.

For the rest of the training session, Mats and Erik tried to find out where Jude worked. But Marco refused to talk. 

He didn't want his friends to pester them.

-

yaaaas, another update. and we are one step closer to the end of this story. including the epilogue, i think there are about six to seven more updates. they are already written, but i'll be posting them over the next few days. 

thank you all so much for reading. it means a lot!

-clary xx