Chapter Seven

I must not fear
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

I whispered those words silently as I stood- eyes tightly closed, upon completion I was determined to open my eyes and face my fears no matter what it may bestow upon me, I refused to be controlled by fear. I carefully opened my eyes one after the other to see who was standing before me but before I could see who it was I was grabbed, screaming I  pushed the person away.

"Hey, hey calm down its me, why do you seem so scared, this is very much unlike you-what happened?" I heard the sound of a familiar voice, filled with compassion and concern. I carefully opened my eyes to see Devon with a worried look on his face.

"What are you doing here and how did you get in?" I asked confused

"I have been calling you from yesterday and with any response, I realize that you were calling me this morning but am so sorry I missed your calls. I got worried when I realized that you didn't turn up for work, it's unlike you to be absent from your duties..."

"Oh, well now that you see that I'm fine, you may go." I angrily responded. Why was he invading my privacy? where was he when I needed him?

"Excuse me for being concerned about you, it's like you don't want people to care about you!" He replied shaking his head in disappointment.

"I'm sorry OK, I've been through a lot these past few days and I'm just a bit grumpy, thank you for dropping by..." Before I could complete my statement Devon's lips were planted firmly against mines-his lips were soft and moist, his tongue began expertly exploring the interiors of my mouth while his right hand gently caressed my breast... Shit, I just realized that I was still standing naked in front of him. What he was doing to me made me crazy- for him, I think I needed more but suddenly something inside me snapped, I shoved him roughly away causing him to stumble but he balanced himself.

"What are you doing?" I shouted.

"What do you mean what am doing, am kissing you." He said walking towards me trying to touch my face but I shoved his hand away.

Suddenly it seemed as if he realized that I was being serious. His face became straight-as if he sensed something was wrong.

"Am sorry, I got carried away just seeing you like that... You are so sexy Athena I... I'm so sorry." He replied backing away.

"Its fine" I replied, carefully clasping the towel around my naked body then proceeded to my room to get dressed. I could feel Devon's eyes undressing me as I departed the room.

Devon's P.O.V
Athena didn't seem herself today and I could tell that something was definitely wrong. The main reason why I came here was to investigate why my calls to her have gone unanswered, as well as why she wasn't at work today. It is very clear that something is wrong but the moment I saw her standing stark naked before me, all sane thoughts left my mind-I wanted to devour her. I acted foolishly, without thinking.

As she stormed out of the room, leaving me alone, I started feeling terrible for what I did, I got carried away instead of trying to find out if she was OK. I couldn't help it though, her skin was as smooth as silk, her body was perfectly made with her perky little breast sitting in her chest... There were a few droplets of water on her flat stomach, which I had the urgency to softly kiss away- she resembled a work of art to be frank... But that wasn't such a good idea to make as any move on her, she wasn't in that state of mind.