Spells

Nightwing watched his daughter as she slept on the infirmary bed. He hadn't known what had happened, only that she ha gotten hurt somehow.

Raven was checking Rhiannon's pulse, making sure she was alright. And Arez was sitting in a chair next to the bed, watching. He had been sitting there stance he had put her in there, so about 3 hours.

Raven watched as her daughter's eyes opened slowly, revealing two confused blue orbs. Rhiannon swallowed the lump in her throat, taking a look around the room. Her dad was in front of her, arms crossed, a worried expression on his face.

Arez was sitting in a chair, watching her. Her mom was at her side, holding her hand.

"Mom?"

Her voice was dry, confused. Raven nodded, preparing to speak.

"What happened to you only happens when someone is using intense amounts of magic. A spell, for example. What spells have you been doing, Rhi?"

Rhiannon gulped, knowing she couldn't lie to her mother. So she spoke as much of the truth as she could.

"I was testing out different spells, and came across one that would set up a fake person in my room. I thought it would be good in case anyone ever came after us, that way they would think I'm in my room, but I'm actually not. I guess it was too strong for me."

She looked at her mother, her heart racing, but Raven's eyes softened and she sighed as she spoke.

"It was way too strong for you."

Nightwing stepped forward, looking into her eyes, seemingly trying to detect her lie. Rhiannon held her breath, looking as confused as she possibly could.

Her father backed up, whispering into Raven's ear. She nodded stiffly, exiting the room with him.

Arez looked to the door, making sure they were gone, and weren't coming back. He watched Rhiannon sit up, unhooking herself.

"Shouldn't you be resting, or healing yourself?"

She sighed, getting up from the bed. The room spun around her, and she gripped the side of the bed for support.

Arez was there to help her, holding her by her waist.

When she felt safe, she pulled away from him, pacing the room.

"He knows I lied."

She whispered, her back stiff as she looked into the camera lens of the security tech. She walked out of the room, Arez following suit. He found himself at her room, waiting for her to speak.

"There's no cameras in my room."

He nodded, understanding. There weren't any cameras in his own room either, for reasons unknown. Arez would've thought Rhiannon's parents would want to keep an eye on him.

"Arez? Are you listening?"

She interrupted his train of thought, making him snap back to reality.

"Uh, what did you say?"

She rolled her eyes, feeling a headache return. She put her hands to her temples, breathing out slowly. Arez looke at her, raising a brow.

"Can't you just heal your headache?"

"That's not how it works. I have to be in a healing trance, and I was never taught about it, so I'm clueless."

She stood by her desk, sighing. Arez came up behind her, a hand on her shoulder. She tensed up, unprepared for the contact.

"Hey?"

He had his head downcast, on her other shoulder, staring at her files.

She answered him, eyes closed, mentally meditating because of his closeness.

"Yes?"

"You were trying to tell me something."

She opened her eyes, remembering what she had been telling him.

"My parents cannot know about our night fighting thing. At all."

He nodded, Rhiannon feeling his chin move on her shoulder. She shivered against his breath, smiling ever so slightly.

He turned her around, his hands resting lightly on her hips. She put her own hands against his chest, looking into his eyes.

He leaned down, kissing her ever so lightly. It was just a quick little kiss, but to her it was still amazing. She felt herself blush slightly, and looked down at her shoes.

His voice startled her when he spoke.

"What are we, Rhiannon?"
Rhiannon snapped her head up, confused. She had never expected a question like this from him. From Arez.

"What?"

"What are we?"

She closed her eyes, not knowing how to respond. Her throat ft dry and speechless. But he got her thinking: what were they?