Fear

"Richard!"

Raven stood in Rhiannon's room, shock running through her. Her daughter was gone, the room was a mess. There was blood on the floor and window.

She saw the playing card on the floor, anger beginning to burn in her. She ran to the card, seeing blood on it. She picked it up, dropping herself on the ground.

"Dammit..."

She didn't have to check to know it was her child's blood. Tears streamed down her face as she reached out her empathy, not able to find her daughter's emotions.

Heavy footsteps ran down the hall, stopping in the doorway.

"Raven, what's wrong?"

Raven turned, holding the card to her chest and staring into Nightwing's  covered eyes.

"He took her....He took Rhiannon!"

She shook with fear and anger, her breathing erratic. Nightwing crouched down next to Raven, staring at the card.

"I need to call Bruce."

Raven began to clench her fists, her voice dark and filled with malevolence.

"I'll kill him. I'll kill both of them!"

She lurched forward toward the window, but was held back by two arms around her waist.

"Raven! You need to calm down if you want to save her."

Raven gripped his hands, leaning into him, her teeth grit together. Usually she was the rational one, and he was the angry one.

The tables have turned.

This was her daughter. Her baby. Her Rhiannon.

"What if they hurt her?"

Nightwing looked at Raven solemnly, rubbing her back with one hand.

"Raven....."

"What? What is it?"

He held onto her, his voice vibrating through her as he spoke.

"There's no way they haven't hurt her...."

Raven flinched, pulling away from him and standing, throwing the card into the wall.

"We can't just stand here while she's getting attacked."

She paced the room, chewing on her lip. When she found herself calm, she looked to Nightwing, who was staring intently at her.

"We have to get her. Call a meeting in the common room......please."

Nightwing wrapped his arms around her, kissing her head and soothing her.

"Don't worry, Rae, she'll be okay."

"Azar, I hope so."

That was two days ago. They had called the meeting, everyone pushing themselves into gear. Nightwing had assigned Starfire and Beastboy the area surrounding the Asylum. Cyborg and Arez were down by the abandoned clothing factory. Raven was looking by the library, knowing how many abandoned houses and hotels were by it. And Nightwing himself was with Batman, in the bat cave analyzing clues.

"Not here, Rae."

Cyborg looked around the abandoned Gotham warehouse, not seeing anything. He went through another door, Arez trailing silently behind him.