Control

Rhiannon looked up, her left eye slightly swollen from Joker's fist.

He was standing before her, playing with his crow bar, looking bored.

"Hm, I expected Bats and your parents to be here by now. Wonder what's taking so long?"

Rhiannon rolled her good eye, speaking to him.

"They're probably not coming."

She had given up hope a while ago. Well, more like Hope had died. Along with Happy. And Love. Knowledge, Fear, Timid, Bravery, Sadness, Annoyance, and Anger were the only ones left.

Rhiannon didn't feel Fear anymore, though, so it was safe to assume she had died off as well.

She wasn't scared anymore, just annoyed. She did feel Brave, probably because of all the stuff she had been through.

The pain was still there, but she didn't mind it. Of course it hurt, but it helped her to know she was still alive. She didn't feel very sane.

Tortured thoughts had wormed their way into her mind. Ones about killing the two villains. Torturing them. Killing herself.

But the last one had subsided. What she wanted most was revenge. Her mother and father had told her it was wrong to try to get revenge, but at this point, she didn't care.

If she didn't end up dying, she would surely cause the death of the man in front of her.

Speaking of the clown, he looked down at her, his fingers fiddling with the weapon in his hands.

"Ya think so? Well, that would be a shame. I can't kill you without an audience."

Rhiannon huffed, looking up at the ceiling, seeing imaginary patterns.

"What about your men and Harley? Can't they be your audience?"

He shrugged, continuing the conversation with this child.

"They would enjoy it, though. I need someone who wouldn't."

"I see. Why don't you go capture some civilians then? They certainly wouldn't enjoy the death of a kid."

She watched him walk to the door, turning back to her before he left.

"I need someone close to you. That would hurt even more, don't you think?"

Rhiannon smirked, somewhat agreeing. She heard the door slam shut, and then it was happening again.

She was once again pulled into her mind, her legs meeting the rocky surface beneath her.

Knowledge was there to greet her, pushing up her glasses.

"So, you really think they're not coming?"

Rhiannon nodded, walking towards her emoticlone.

"Yeah. Can't have much hope now, can I?"

Knowledge scoffed, rolling her eyes and gripping Rhiannon's shoulder.

"You can get it back. You just have to want it."

"I don't."

Knowledge was shocked at this.

"What do you mean, 'you don't'?"

Rhiannon shrugged off her hand, facing the dark sky.

"I don't want Hope back. It only leads to Sadness."

She sighed, turning back to her emotion. The yellow clad being was staring at Rhiannon, shrugging her own shoulders.

"Well, if that's how you feel."