Chapter 7

Chapter 7

The sun radiates through my singlet and into my skin, trapping me in a sunkissed daze - the heat manipulating me into an invisible bliss.

Lying down I feel a cold trickle start to hit my back, and then a whole heap. Laughs erupt me as I turn over and see Samuel and a girl towering over me - an empty red bucket in his hands.  My tan!  I scream internally as I sit up and check my skin.  I breathe a sigh of relief as I see the tanning cream is still on me, intact, and not disappearing.

"What was that for Sam?" The guy sunbathing beside me screams at him - droplets of water evident on his skin as well, as he still lies in close proximity despite the water.

"None of your business Danny.  It was just a fucking joke, no need to get your panties in a twist."  Samuel retorts as him and his friends make their way to their cars.  "I'm going home. Get in the car." Samuel shouts - his back facing me. 

"No." I reply;  quiet enough for it not to be a scream, but loud enough to pause him in his tracks and making him turn around.  I'm not sure if he tipped water on my back because he knows that I'm Nathan, or if it's because it was 'just a fucking joke.' 

"Fine;  be that way.  Well I'm going home."   He saunters off to his car and I watch as he drives away.  Not the worst thing that's ever happened in the world to be quite honest.

"Don't worry. I'll drive you home." Danny reassures me - I smile at him.

"So...Is the lake cold?"  I ask as as a grin makes its way onto his face. 

"It's warm enough." He replies.  I get up from my now damp towel, and start walking towards the water - the waves wash over my feet, bringing with them a refreshing coolness;  a coolness that was poured over my back before, but in a less polite way. I walk in deeper hear Danny running to get beside me. 

"You've still got your singlet on."   Danny points towards my chest.

"Self conscious."  He nods his head and looks me up and down. 

"You shouldn't be."  He replies, his compliment not enough to eliminate the insecurities surrounding my body.  We're out deep enough now so that the water reaches up to our waist, freezing my balls.

"Are you going under?" Danny questions as I shake my head. 

"I don't think so." I confirm as I hug my shoulders, I look at the water and it's nice, but not nice enough to dip my head under for. Danny grins at me as I feel his arms wrap around my chest, he leaps forward and seconds later I'm submerged in water.  He lets me go, we both pull our heads up.

"Fuck you." I scream playfully as I push on his pecs and watch as he falls back into the water.  I laugh loudly in amusement.

**********

Samuel's P.O.V.

"Mum I'm home!"  I shout as I hear my mother squealing in the kitchen.  'In here!' she calls while I make my way through the lounge.

"Good. You two are back! I've made carbonara for us and..." My mother stops mid sentence as she looks passed me and over my shoulder. 

 "Where's Mercury." She asks while giving me a death glare. 

 "He didn't want to come home yet so I left him with..."

"YOU LEFT HIM! He is our responsibility! Go back and get him  NOW or you can eat air for lunch!" She shouts while I stand petrified in fear. 

"A lot of grumpiness for a little woman." I mutter under my breath as I head back towards the front door...that I just came in a few minutes before  

"What's that?!" I hear my mother scream back as I put my towel in the washhouse.

"Nothing!" I reply quickly before I lose my life.

**********

Nathan's P.O.V.

Me and Danny splash around as he dives after me while I try to run away.  In his attempts to grab my legs, he accidentally grabs my singlet - I feel, and hear, it rip as I dive forward - the material stripping away from m chest and parting in two. He stops chasing me and looks at my thin figure. I immediately drop under the water and cover my body all the way up to my chest.

"Ughhh...Sorry for ripping your shirt." He scratches his head as hands me my shredded singlet.  I reach up my hand and bring it underwater with me. 

"Why are you hiding from me?" Danny asks before he dives under water. I feel his hands wrap around my hips and pull me up out of the water. I laugh as his hands tickle my skin.

I pushed myself off of Danny and feel his eyes rake over my skin again. I cover my chest with my arms and then follow Danny's eye direction as he looks over my shoulder.

"Mum said I had to come get you." Said Samuel calls out as he look at me awkwardly, but pleasantly not disgustedly...perhaps...I can't tell, his face is too hard to read .  He purposely avoids my gaze and looks at the ground. 

"See you at school tomorrow." I hear Danny say behind me. I turn around suddenly. 

"Oh yeah. School." I groan before walking away with Samuel.

**********

"What happened to your singlet?" Samuel asks as he looked me up and down.

"He accidentally ripped it off."

"Sure accident." He says sarcastically. 

"It was an accident. I'm not gay or anything." I say as I desperately try to convince him. 

"I don't have a problem with gays." He says - I shoot him a look of anger. 

"What. Why not?" Why not now is what I mean. 

"Because when I did. I killed a kid." He confesses as I look at him in awe.

A/N

What'd you think of the chapter.

Vote, comment, follow :-)

Date edited: 8/2/18 8:57 pm

-YOP