Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"No I missed that episode."  Jason says with disappointment as him and Freddy talk about Spongebob. 

"Oh you should've seen it!  Spongebob was CIRCLE!"  Freddy exclaims as both of them fall into fits of laughter - as if Spongebob is the funniest thing they've ever heard.  I pick up one of my nachos and dip it in the sweet and sour sauce as Freddy and Jason keep talking.

I feel my phone vibrating and open up the messaging app.

Dantheman- Hey ;-) come sit with us.

I scan over the room and find Danny smiling at me as he waves his hand.

Mercury- How did you get my number?

Dantheman- You shouldn't leave your phone lying around. People could just put their number in.

Mercury- Well since you did that...No.

Dantheman- Awww come on. And don't forget Freddy ;-) ;-) ;-)

Mercury- How about no!

Dantheman- That's it. I'm coming over.

I don't have time to reply before Danny gets up and starts heading our way. Danny and Jason's conversation instantly stops as he sits down. Danny's presence also bring the eyes of  the cafeteria with him.

The crowds of eyes disperse but some still stay and inspected our group before turning back to their business. "Hey."  Danny beams cheerfully as Freddy smiles and Jason stares his familiar blank stare at him. 

"Hey."  Freddy replies as their conversation drifts to a history project.  Jason coughed for attention as Freddy and Danny just talk over him.  He sighs in annoyance and moves around the table to sit by me.

"Well that was a cool conversation."  Emphasis on the was. 

"Yeah sounds super fun..."  I reply sarcastically.

"We should hang out sometime."  I say halfheartedly, trying to make conversation.  Danny and Jason both overhear us and divert their attention our way. 

"Yeah we should today.  Lake anyone?"  Freddy eagerly nods, his red curls fall in front of his face.

"Sure why not."  Jason replies as if he's not excited on the inside. 

"It's arranged then."  I announce cheerily. "I guess we'll all meet at the lake by the rocks then?" I question - receiving 3 nods in return.

**********

Last period is history and our projects are due.  I can't stop laughing when Freddy calls his diorama his diarrhoea.  As soon as the bell rings we all disperse out of the door.  Since the weather's quite warm,  I decide I want to get to the lake early.

I walk into the front door, to see Samuel spread out on the couch, shirtless.  Not a complaint, more of an observation.  I feel the cool chill against my skin as I make my way from the air conditioned lounge and into my room to grab my gear. 

"I'm going to the lake with Danny, Jason and Freddy. Wanna come?"  I ask as he contemplates whether he wants to get up or stay on the couch.

"What the fuck...Danny's supposed to be my friend...anyway...okay."  I wait for him to get a towel and then we're off.

**********

"Hey guys!"  I shout in excitement as we make our way down to the shore.  We're greeted with Danny and Freddy playing in the water and Jason sunbathing with a shirt on under an umbrella. The already shirtless Samuel dives into the water and is greeted with splashes as Freddy and Danny gang up against him.

"Hey."  I greet Jason while I lay down next to him and stretch my legs out as I try to get comfortable. 

"Hello.  Why aren't you swimming?"  I lay my head down and close my eyes, absorbing the warmth into my skin. 

"I can't swim."  He says like it's the most obvious thing in the world.  My eyes flutter open and I sit up. 

"What!"  I shout in disbelief. 

"I never got taught.  It's not a big deal okay."

"Not a big deal. Okay Then!"  I answer sarcastically.

**********

"You have to lift your head up and out of the water!"  I laughed as he looks like he's drowning. Jason turns over in the water and slowly sinks down as he puts his two middle fingers out of the water.  He brings his head up and takes a big gulp of air. 

"This is why I don't do the whole swimming thing."  While I'm being a nice human and teaching Jason how to swim,  Freddy, Samuel and Danny are having a hand stand competition...fantastic.

"3, 2, 1. Go."  Danny announces as they all start doing their handstands. 

"I'm hungry."  Jason complains as we watch the handstand competition. 

"Well you know what?  So am I."  Jason glides under the water and I watch as he glides effortlessly, using breastwork technique to actually swim.

They grow up so fast, I think silently as I wipe away a fake tear.

A/N

So are you guys shipping anyone yet?? :-)

I am but I come up with bad names. E.g. Franny ;-;

Vote/Comment/Follow

Date edited: 17/2/18  11:08 pm

-Yop