Chapter III

6 years earlier...

After spending the summer training with the elite team in Texas, Chloe and I were asked to join the team. We spent two years with the elite team before being recruited for the U14 USA national team.

To say we were excited would be an understatement. Chloe and I couldn't believe that all of our hard work had finally paid off.

As soon as we were recruited we were given the training schedule, which was absolutely insane! We also had to do a lot of interviews because the team manager wanted to get more people interested in youth soccer, so we could sell more tickets.

People seemed to take a particular liking to me and Chloe. They said our chemistry on the field was unreal. They were so amazed at how well we play together.

Everybody was fascinated with us and how well played together, they were calling us the "power duo". People were always asking, "How is it even possible for you to know where she is without even looking up?"

The thing is, I don't think Chloe and I even knew how half of the time. Ever since we started playing soccer we have had each other to feed off of. We've played with each other for so long and have spent so much time with together that we just go off of instinct. It's just so natural for us.

After a couple of weeks of interviews a lot more people began to recognize us. About a month after our first interview we were bombarded with endorsement deals left and right. Probably the most shocking endorsement offer was Nike.

Like seriously!? Nike wanted us to advertise their brand, it was like a dream.

With all of the endorsements we were making more money than we even knew what to do with. So with our parents being the smart people they are, they helped us both open up our own savings accounts.

Within the first six months we made over $70,000 each. And our team manager said that if we continued to performed well on the field, then our endorsers would sweeten our deals.

We love soccer and we definitely weren't doing it just for the money, but it was nice to know that we would have a nice chunk of money to fall back on.

By then end of our first year we had learned so much and grown immensely as players. We got to travel all over and train with some of the best coaches and players.

At the end of our spring season our coach pulled me and Chloe off to the side as we were leaving one of our last training sessions. "Y/N, Chloe..." He said. "Yesss coach?" We both replied nervously.

"Well as you know we just wrapped up the season and everyone's contract is ending. During these past few training sessions I've been reevaluating everyone and I'm sorry to say that..." He trailed off.

Chloe and I slowly looked at each other with tears brimming our eyes. I looked back at coach and said, "come on coach, just say it..."

Then out of nowhere we heard two familiar voices yell, "Sorry that you're going to have to share the field with us next season!" Me and Chloe turned around so fast that we hit each other and fell to the ground.

When we looked up we saw Blair and Alex reaching out to help us up. "No way are you serious!?" I screamed, my voice filled with excitement. "Yes, and we can't wait!" Alex said.

Overall, this year was the experience of a lifetime and I couldn't wait to start it all over again with two more of my closest friends.

2 years later...

Chloe, Alex, Blair, and I were currently exiting the plane, we had finally landed back in Texas. For the past month we have been in New York at the U16 USA national training camp.