Chaper VI

Y/N POV

It had been a few days since Carter was released from the hospital and we were back at home finally getting back into our normal routine.

As bad as this sounds, Carter couldn't have broken his arm at a better time because my team was just given two weeks off from training. This was good because I'm able to stay home with Carter and make sure he takes it easy for awhile.

I was currently laying in bed just staring into space and thinking, thinking about a certain green eyed goddess. I've had a lot of downtime over the past few days and it seems like whenever I have any free time at all, my thoughts are consumed by Lauren. I don't know what it is about her, but I can't keep her out of my mind. But I mean hey, if someone as amazing as her takes over my thoughts I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing.

Before we left the hospital we exchanged phone numbers and have been talking and texting ever since. The more I talk to her the more I want to get to know every little detail about her. I want to know her hopes and dreams, and what she thinks about at night, and what makes her sad, and how she likes her morning coffee, and what her favorite season is, and what makes her happy. I want to know all there is to know about Lauren Jauregui.

I was broken out of my thoughts when an energetic little three year old decided to climb up on my bed and jump on top of me.

"Umph!"

"Gooood morning mommyyyy" the little boy with bright green eyes greeted me. "Good morning buuuug" I sang back to him. "How about we take it easy on mommy next time huh?" I suggested while rubbing my stomach.

"Sorry mommy, I was just excited to see you!  He then kissed my nose.

"I love you so so SOOO much baby!" I practically growled as I pulled him into a tight hug and basically assaulted his face with kisses.

"Mommy stop it!" He giggled while trying to get away from me.

"Okay, okay... So how's your arm feeling today?" I asked him as we both settled down and straddled my lap while facing me.

"It's fine, it doesn't even hurt! Look!" As he knocked on his blue cast with his healthy hand. "Haha well I'm glad you're feeling better! I don't like seeing my baby hurt." I pouted and caressed his cheek.

"I'm all better now mommy, don't be sad!" He quickly embraced me. "That's what I like to hear! So Carter, what would you like to do today?"

"WORKOUTS!!!" He cheered as he jumped up from my lap.

"I don't know bug, I think you should take it easy for a few more days..." I suggested while playing with his messy hair and moving it out of his face. "But mommy, you said once I felt better that we could do our workouts again..." Whined.

"Carter Logan... You know better than to whine." I stopped playing with his hair and scolded him. "I'm sorry mommy... But pretty pleaseee! What if I promise to be extra careful??" He begged. "I dunno bub, you've been through a lot over the past few days..."

He didn't say anything else he just looked up at me with the saddest little green eyes ever and with his adorable bottom lip poking out and slightly trembling. Uhh I knew there was no way I could escape this. He knew that his pouty face was my weakness and always used it to his advantage.

"UHH FINE... Go get changed into your workout shorts!" I groaned. He quickly wrapped his tiny little arms around my neck "thank you mommy! I love you so much!"

"To the moon and back?" I asked.

"To the moon and back." He grinned at me.

"I love you to the moon and back to baby... Now go get changed!" He jumped off of my bed and ran down the hallway to his room.