part 3

Chapter 3

Over breakfast I told Ian about the guy in the coffee shop. I began explaining to him, in explicit detail every single feature I could remember but I didn’t have to go far. Of course Ian knew him. No surprise there. He practically knew everyone remotely good looking.

“his name is Alexander Pearce. Second guy on my top ten hottest men in the world.”

“why who’s first?”

“me duhh. Really Zee you need to keep up.”

I laughed. “Aiden?”

Ian blushed slightly. “third, maybe?”

I pinched his red cheeks. “you naughty boyy. so how you know him?”

“I met him at a club. Saw him and went over to do some magic but obviously he wasn’t my type. So I just chatted with him for a while and then went to look for other meat. I see him around now and then but just greet him. Dunno the guy that well. Just know that his a haawtie. Famous with the girls, and guys I guess”, he huffed sadly.

“so his like a player or what?”

“something like that. Never actually heard his going steady or anything. I could find out for you?”

“nah I don’t think so. Don’t need more complications in my life. But his soo divine!”

“oh puh-leeaze Zee what complications you got. If you get a chance go for it. Don’t hesitate. And yep his divine. Almost eatable. I would eat him.” he got up then. “I’m still hungry. Are you still hungry?”

“yeah hungry for him.” we both laughed as I scooped out more ice-cream on the waffles and then drowned it in chocolate sauce.

***

The week flew by quickly, just like any other. It was uneventful but still good. I loved hanging out with my friends and Ekaterina was super excited because she had a date on Saturday night. She couldn’t stop talking about it! So our trip to the mall on Saturday will probably last the entire day. Not that any of us minded. Saturdays were usually just chill days. Ekaterina had to find the perfect outfit and Savannah and I just needed the pure satisfaction of another item added to our already full closets.

However… that would only be the second best thing happening this week. The highlight of the week was on Wednesday. I lay on the couch watching vampire diaries in my favourite shorts and a shirt half unbuttoned. There was a knock on the door and I really didn’t feel like getting up to go get it.

“Ian!”, I called. “can you get the door please!”

He knew how tired I was so he didn’t even bother arguing with me, even though he just got out of the shower. He walked to the door, a towel wrapped loosely around his waist, his hair dripping. He muttered curses at me, about how lazy I was, and opened the door.

“uh hi?”, someone stammered. I almost burst out laughing but I recognised that voice. It was too good to be true. I jumped up so fast, bumping into the glass coffee table. Ah shit that’s gonna bruise. I just stood there, in the middle of the room like a complete duh for a good few seconds, wondering if I should make a dash for the window. I pinched myself on the arm looking at what I was wearing. Ian was saying something to him, I think inviting him inside. I swore under my breath. Has Ian gone bonkers? Couldn’t he just make up some dumb excuse and say I was in the loo and wouldn‘t be out for the next year or something? He was probably getting me back for making him get the door. I loosened my hair, ruffling it out and pinched my cheeks.

“hey Giselle. You got guests”, he said smirking. He stalked off to his room, his chin lifted and his nose in the air, obviously feeling very satisfied with himself. Oh he is soo dead. But for now he was the least of my worries. I looked up slowly and caught my breath.