part 8

chapter 8

**ALEXANDER'S POV**

It's been a week now since Ian met up in an accident. Since Giselle's birthday. She has never left his side since that day. Day in and day out, she sat by that hospital bedside, not leaving. Not wanting to leave. She slept on the hard chair with her head on the bed next to Ian, only when she couldn't keep her eyes open any longer. I laid her on the sagging couch, too afraid to move her further.

Apart from broken legs and three broken ribs, he was fine. Or alive. He had to undergo about four surgeries to fix all the bodily damage, including some plastic surgery to his face. It wasn't major but it needed to be done. Now he lay there covered in plaster. The good news was that it would heal.

The bad news was that he hasn't even gotten up yet. He was still unconscious and as far as I could tell, she might as well have been too. She was like a ghost. Her cheeks were sunken in from lack of food, pale and distraught. She had bags under her eyes, dark purple and black rings. In short - she looked like shit.

I had tried more than once to get her to eat something. Or to take her home to sleep in her own bed. But every time anyone suggests it she goes in complete rebel mode. She wouldn't talk to any body - not even her closest friends. At one stage, she even began screaming so loudly when Savannah suggested that she went home, that the guards were called in to remove her from the hospital.

That cheered me up, but when I looked at her and saw the pain displayed on her face, it had felt like I was dying. I couldn't handle it. Her big blue eyes pleaded with me silently and I knew that the only thing that could hurt her more now was not being able to be with Ian. So I donated a very generous sum of money to the hospital and they let her stay with a warning.

I was worried sick about her. I couldn't see her like this. I have never felt this way about anyone - like I needed to protect that person at all times and make sure she was okay. I knew she didn't need it but I couldn't make it disappear. Maybe it was the fact that she didn't need me, made me want to be with her even more. She was so unusual. Not needy like most girls. She was peculiar and the only person that could ever make me sound so stupid and cheesy.

It was so unlike me. In all my life, this was the one thing I tried my hardest to avoid. My father had always said: women make men weak, and it was true.

Because now, as I stood at the window of the hospital room staring in, looking at the only person that held my heart in the palm of her hand, my chest tightened in anguish. I guess you could say I haven't left this hospital either. Unless you count the fifteen minutes I rushed home on Wednesday to take a quick shower. I don't think she noticed. But I wasn't going anywhere. Not unless she was.

I looked down at the sandwich in my hands. I was going back in for another attempt at getting her to eat. Now and then I managed to get her to take a bite and even that was good enough for me. I had tried everything. Do you think Ian would want to see you like this? and This would not make him happy! He wouldn't be happy to see the only person he cares about withering away.

I don't think she even cared about what I said. She would just take a bite to get me to shut up. And I was possitive she hated my guts by now. But up until now, she still hadn't dumped my ass. So as far as I knew, I was still her boyfriend and she was still mine to fret about.

I sighed and pushed the door open, and stopped short.

"Alex!" someone hissed my name in a loud whisper.

I stepped back and looked at the direction the voice had come from. I cursed under my breath and quickly checked if Giselle had heard any of this. She was still staring off into space and I shut the door silently. I turned and walked menacingly down the hall, toward the reason for all of this.