part 7

So I was really glad to see my second vote:-) so I decided to dedicate my next upload to her. thank you! xoxo...

______________________________________________________________________________

chapter 7

I woke with a start. The room was pitch black and I couldn't see a thing. I felt around for Alex and found he was still next to me. I sighd softly. I laid my hand on his chest and felt it heave with every breath. He snored lightly and I kissed his cheek. But the shrill of the phone didn't stop. Even after I tried ignoring it.

I reached over Alex and grabbed the phone, waking him. "Who's calling this time of the night?" he asked grumpily.

"I don't know," I replied before answering the phone. "Hello?"

"Hi is this Miss Giselle Bojan?" an unfamiliar voice asked.

"Yes who is this?" I frowned, my chest tightening.

"This is Nicholas McGregor. I am on the road going up to Table Mountain and I have an Ian Torres in a smashed up red Ferrari. I have called the ambulance and managed to acquire his wallet but he is still in the car. You were under the emergency contact number."

"Is-um-is he okay?" I stuttered. How could this be happening? I didn't even hear the reply. I felt the phone drop from my hands and I stared into space.

Alex stared at me for a split of a second and snatched the phone up.

"Who is this?" he bit harshly into the phone.

I didn't hear a word he said after that and my mind drew a blank. A string of words flowed into eachother as Alex spoke rapidly into the phone. He shut it and looked at me, shaking me gently.

I looked at him and my mind seemed to register at something. I sprang from the bed so fast that I knocked the lampshade over. I watched it go tumbling to the floor - almost in slo-mo - but it didn't reach. A pair of capable hands caught it and sat it on its place. I looked up and met his eyes. He handed me something.

I slipped into the jeans he handed me and pulled the t-shirt over my head. I looked at Alex and found he was doing the same. I grabbed the keys and my jacket and headed for the door, but Alex stood in-front of me, blocking my way.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked trying to push past him. "You wasting time!" I yelled.

"I'm driving. Give me the keys," he said.

"No freakin way! I'm driving! You would drive too slow and then I'm gonna get impatient!" I tried moving past him but he caught me tightly with one arm.

"Yes well you emotional and reckless and we don't need another accident caused that way," he said.

He began tickling me and I didn't realise what he was doing at first but then he stole the keys out of my hands. I glared at him and he glared back.

"I'm not arguing with you again tonight Giselle. And since I always win I think you should just give it up and stop wasting time."

I stormed past him toward the elevator and hit the button hard. My hand stung and I ignored it, looking up at the numbers. They crawled slowly. 10-11-12.

I hopped from one foot to another. It shouldn't be taking so long! It was the middle of the night. Nobody was using the elevators now. Alex put a hand on my shoulder as I headed for the stairs.

"It'll be here soon okay. The stairs will take longer. Just wait a bit," he whispered calmly. He massaged my shoulder slightly, trying to soothe me as we waited.