Chapter 23

Hey, you want to hang out?

I typed into the small screen.

Yeah, That sounds nice!

Ok, I'll pick you up at your place?

Sure, I'll see you in a couple of minutes.

I walked down the sidewalk until I reached Mira's house. The giant stone wall was still menacing as all hell, but I guess since I am still mad at Issei for the whole familiar shit he pulled, I kind of don't mind it. I rested my back against the stone brick and leaned my head against it. Eventually I heard a door slowly open and quietly close. I heard quiet footsteps until Mira's blue ponytails poked out from the stone arch, followed by her hazel eyes.

"Hey, why so sly?" I asked. She smiled before saying.

"My parents are asleep and I didn't want to wake them."

"Do your parents even know about me?" I asked.

"Yes, I talk about you all the time." She said. She actually tells her parents about me? I don't know if that's good or bad.

"What do you tell them about me?" I asked, A little concerned.

"Oh, just how amazing you are, how kind you are," She stopped and turned around, "And how handsome you are." She said, her cheeks flared up in a bright pink. Something I haven't seen in a while.

"Thanks, well at least I know that your parents don't think I'm a creepy fifty year old bum who stalks beautiful young teenagers such as yourself." I complimented. Her face lit up again, she looked a little surprised.

"Th- Thank you, You're so kind." She said in her raised voice.

"Well, I have an amazing evening planned out, for the most amazing girl I know." I said. We have only been on two official dates, but we hang out in between classes all the time, and from what she has told me, she is pretty cool.

"Why thank you kind sir." She said in a playful voice. I walked up and took her hand and we proceeded to out first destination.

we talked a lot as we walked, we also spent a few moments in silence. For some reason I kind of liked the silence, just us walking, it did kind of bother me a little, but the silence felt louder than any conversation we've had. We eventually reached town square as the sun reached lower on the horizon. We walked through the seemingly empty town. Eventually the night Owls will slowly fill the streets. We continued our way through town square until we reached the brightly lit arcade.

"Have you ever been to one of these?" I asked.

"No, I've never had the time, with studying, above Kendo class, I have never had the time to go to one of these with any of my friends." Mira answered. I started walking into the arcade, I turned around and said.

"Well, then today you get to, I'm taking your arcade virginity," She looked at me with a weird look on her face, "To soon?"

"A little." She said with a smile on her face. We walked in and I bought some tokens. I don't really know what game would be a good first one for her, so I'll let her decide.

"Which game would you like to try first?" I asked. Her eyes scanned the room until her eyes locked on a racing game.

"Met be that one, I've always wanted to see how good I am at driving, so bows the chance." She said as she pointed at the lit up leather seat of the driving simulator.