Chapter 49

"Unbelievable," Issei whispered, "Our 'Fearless' leader doesn't seem worried by the game today."

"I know, in fact, everyone seems calm right now." I whispered back. I looked around the room to see Kiba slowly sheathing his sword, Koneko tightening her fingerless gloves, and Akeno was quietly sipping away at some tea.

"Talk about calm before the storm." Issei whispered. I looked towards Rias, who sat at her desk slowly drinking tea, provided by Akeno. Seconds passed before I heard a loud sound pass through the room, the sound of doors being unlatched. I turned to the doors to see Sona walk into the room, followed by Subaki.

"Sorry if I am interrupting anything." Sona said in her usual toneless voice.

"No, feel free to come in Sona." Rias Welcomed.

"I'm glad you could make it." Akeno said.

"Wow, I sure didn't expect to see those two here," Issei pointed out, "What gives?"

"There is a live broadcast of the competition of the broadcast so family members can watch," Rias explained, "Sona and Subaki are here to help out with that."

"Awesome." Issei said.

"And besides, it's her first Rating Game," Sona said, "I wouldn't miss this for anything."

"Well I promise to do everything in my power to make it interesting for you," Rias promised, she looked towards me before saying, "After all, there is going to be lots of drama out on the field thanks to Ryuu."

"Really Rias?" I asked. I heard Sona start to speak from beside me.

"I absolutely agree, I'm pretty sure the cameras will be focused on those two when they collide." Sona stated. I spun around to her and raised both of my hands out from my side.

"Come on you two, what gives?" I asked. I heard a couple of people start to laugh, "Come on guys."

Our little moment was over almost as fast as it had started. A pale grey Summoning circle appeared in front of the doors. Amongst the bright lights, Grafya appeared, her braided grey hair blowing in the artificial wind.

"It is almost time, I hope you are ready m'lady." She spoke.

"Yes, we are ready whenever you are." Rias said.

"In a few moments, we will use this magic circle to transport you and your team to the battlefield." Grayfya explained.

"And where exactly is the battlefield?" Issei asked, I could hear his voice full of concern.

"It in a new alternate space, created just for the game, since it's not real, we have the licence to do some real damage," Akeno explained, "Even burn it to the ground if we want." Akeno placed her hand on her cheek and let out a little giggle. This sounds perfect for her.

"I will be in the student council booth calling the game," Sona said, she looked towards me bodied saying, "We'll be cheering you on, good luck."

"Thanks, just try to keep the play-by-play fair." Rias joked. Sona turned around at the door.

"Oh I'll keep it clean, although if I was a betting girl, I would say you would beat that scum bag seven ways from Sunday." Sona explained. Rias let out a little laugh, knowing this was true.

"There's something I forgot to tell you," Grafya mentioned, "I thought you would like to know that the great Devil Lucifer will be watching the game." Rias, through her surprised expression, let out a little sigh. Her expression quickly exchanged to disappointed.

"Oh, brother dearest." She said.

"Woah! So your telling me that you brother is the devil?" Issei asked, surprise burning in his voice, "Or am I just hearing things wrong?"