Chapter 3: Have I lost my Mind?

How is this possible? I shouldn't feel this way about Harry. Should I? I don't even know at this point, I'm just trying to enjoy the time I have left with him. Will this make it awkward now? This is all too confusing for me to handle.

I ran over to my phone and dialed the familiar number.

"Hello?"

"Chloe! I need you to come over," I hurriedly told her.

"Girl emergency?" She asked.

"Yes. No wait, uh..." I stumbled on words.

"I'll be there in ten," she replied.

"Thanks Chloe," I said breathing in relief.

"No problem Mason," she said then hung up.

I needed to talk to someone about how I feel right now, and talking to Harry isn't an option this time. Chloe is my best girl friend. I do talk to Harry most of the time, but when it involves stuff like this, I go to Chloe.

*****

"So what's up?" Chloe asked as we sat on my bed.

"Okay, you know Harry, right?" I asked.

"The cute boy who lives next door?" She replied. I nodded. "Then yes, continue."

"And you know he and I are best friends and we have been since we were pretty much born," I continued.

"Wait, don't tell me," she said holding up her hand and looking in my eyes.

"Chloe, what are you d-"

"Hush," she said placing a finger on my lips. She continued starring into my eyes, which was kind of creeping me out, for a couple of minutes. "You like him," she said removing her finger and smiling.

I didn't say anything but blushed as a response.

"I knew it. I knew this would happen sooner or later," she said.

"How?" I asked.

"It's like one of those chick flicks Mase," she explained. "The boy and the girl are best friends, but one of them starts having feelings for the other."

"That does, sort of in a way, make sense," I said.

"So what are you going to do?" She asked as she looked at the picture of Harry and I from when we were twelve that rested on my nightstand.

"I have no clue!" I yelled in frustration and fell back onto my bed.

"You have to tell him how you feel," Chloe said placing the picture back and tuning towards me.

"I can't," I whined.

"Why not?" She asked.

"Because he's leaving for the X-factor in less than two weeks!" I shouted. Chloe flinched at my loud outburst. "Sorry Chlo, it's just, I don't want our relationship to be ruined. Plus if I tell him, it might distract him from this dream he's chasing," I explained.

"But what if he feels the same?" She asked.

I sighed, "Then we'll never know..."

*****

(AN: Again I apologize for the crappiness and shortness of this chapter but the next, I know, is longer. If not, I will update more frequently no matter the length. Thanks again!

-K x)