Chapter 14: Changed

-Harry's POV-

Once the show was over and the camera crew concluded we weren't on, I took off. I ran off the stage, past the group of people, and down the hallway, looking for anywhere to hide.

I knew I couldn't do it. I knew this would happen. No matter how many times I tell myself that I wouldn't screw things, it wouldn't matter. This was bound to happen. I've just ruined it all for everyone.

-Louis's POV-

I instantly knew something was wrong with Harry when during the show he turned and looked at us. He shook his head and muttered a 'sorry' then continued.

I don't know why, but I knew he was upset with himself. As soon as we were off the air, he sped off. We all chased after him but stopped when we were told to. We had to visit with some fans, sign some things, then we were free. As fans continued to pour in, I snuck off and ran down the hall.

I looked in every room as I passed, not finding any sign of him. I almost gave up until I heard something shift. I turned a corner and saw a door that had been recently opened swinging on its hinges. I slowly entered the dark room, and flicked on the lights. I heard something, which sounded more like someone.

"Harry?" I said quietly. I listened and heard soft sobs coming from the other side of a door. Light was coming through the bottom. I knocked softly and waited, but he didn't move.

"Harry, open up. It's just me, the others are back there," I said. I heard him move, then the door slowly opened, revealing him. His eyes were red, and full of tears. He slightly jerked from crying so hard. I walked into the bathroom and sat down beside him in the floor.

"Why are you-" I started but he stopped me.

"Lou, I ruined it," he stumbled out.

I looked at him with a confused expression. "What are you talking about, Harry? You did-"

"No I didn't!" He shouted, his face turning red and his hands forming fists at his sides. "I messed it all up, blowing our chances of getting any further at this..." He said looking down at the floor.

"Stop shitting yourself. You wouldn't be in this band if you were terrible. So stop with this nonsense and-"

"But I-"

"But nothing!" I shouted, getting frustrated at him constantly cutting me off. "I'm tired of it and so is everyone else Harry! It's like you've changed and become a whole different person. Someone who has given up on himself completely! Whoever you were before this," I said motioning to him in the floor, "needs to come back because I'm done with it."

I was frustrated and just wanted him to have confidence in himself. I stormed out of the room and found the others. The asked numerous questions but I stopped them and told them where he was. All of them ran off except Liam.

"Aren't you going too?" I asked.

He nodded. "Why has he been doing this?"

"I don't know, but he better cheer up," I responded.

*****

-Mason's POV-

I tried calling him but got no answer every time. I sighed and dialed Louis's number.

"Hey Mason, it's Zayn," He answered.

"Hey Zayn. Um, is everything okay?" I asked.

"Well, not really...but kind of," He replied.

"What happened?" I asked, my voice getting serious.

*****

"I'm coming there," I said getting up and grabbing my keys.

"No Mason, wait," Zayn replied.

"Why?" I asked as I opened the door and stopped.

"We'll be there shortly, I promise. We're on our way now," He answered.

"He's with you?" I asked.

"Yeah," Zayn responded.

"Alright, thanks Zayn," I said.

"No problem, see you in a few minutes," he said before hanging up.

*****

"Can you guys give us a minute?" I asked.

"Yeah sure, c'mon lads," Liam said. They filed out the door and closed it behind them.

I stood there for a minute, then turned and faced him. I said nothing, just embracing him in my arms. He wrapped his around me. We stood there holding each other for what seemed like hours. It was silent, except for small sobs coming from Harry. I stayed in his arms but looked at him. He pulled back and looked at me.

Tears were in his eyes. I had never seen him like this. I've seen him cry, but it was nothing compared to this. These tears looked as if they stung when the fell down his face. They looked as if they could cut his face from the bitterness of them. I reached up and wiped them away.

"I know you won't tell them what's really wrong," I said looking into his eyes.

He nodded, unable to speak.

"Was it really the performance?" I asked, knowing it wasn't what was really bothering him.

He shook his head no and looked up at me. "How did you know?" He asked quietly.

"You have self confidence for singing, but not when it comes to people's judgement. Did someone say something to you?"

"It wasn't just someone," he mumbled looking down at the floor.

"Who? Harry tell me," I begged, tilting his chin up.

"It was the fans!" He burst. I jumped at his sudden shout. His face turned from anger to caring in a matter of seconds. "I'm sorry for shouting," he said pulling me in his arms again.

I didn't ask him what they said. It would just upset him more. He started to speak but I stopped him.

"You don't have to tell me what they said, because its untrue. They're just jealous, Harry. You've got to believe me, okay?" He nodded. "Now if the boys give you any trouble, just come here alright?"

"I will," he said.

"Stay here, I'll bring them back in," I said kissing his cheek. He smiled a tiny bit, walking over and sitting down on the couch.

I walked to the door and stepped out, closing it behind me. The boys looked at me with questioning and worried looks.

"He's alright, just please be careful with him. He just needed time to stop and breathe. Promise me you won't interrogate him?"

They all agreed to give Harry his space and let him be alone.

"Thanks you guys," I said giving them all a hug.

"No problem Mason," Niall smiled.

"I think he might stay here for the night, but if you guys need him, just call me," I said walking back up to the door.

"We will, thanks for helping. We wouldn't have been able to get him through this all if it wasn't for you," Liam smiled.

"Bye guys," I said waving and closing the door.

"Are they gone?" Harry asked as I came back in.

"They're gone," I said sitting beside him on the couch. I put my hand on his and he intertwined them.

"Thanks for everything Mason," he said quietly. "I really do love you, I hope you know that."

"I do," I smiled.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me onto his lap. My arms wrapped around his neck and closed the space. His lips met mine and they moved in sync.

I got butterflies every time I kissed him, as cheesy as that sounds. Every time our hands would brush against each other when we walked. Times like that made me think, Harry and I were meant for each other. 

God I sound so cliché...