Chapter 8: Finals

"The party has arrived!" Chloe announced as she walked in the front door. I ran up to her and gave her a hug. "So it's just us two?" She asked.

"Yep! Harry's family is at the finals and my mum went to see her sister, so it's just us!" I smiled.

"So what are we doing first?" Chloe asked as she set her bag down beside the couch.

"I say we re-watch all the video diaries," I said pulling out my laptop.

"Great idea!" She smiled.

We watched all of the video diaries, and all the other videos they were in. My favorite was when Harry was the 'mole' in the house. I cracked up every time I watched it.

By the time we had finished all the videos, it was five minutes until the show came on.

"Food?" Chloe called out. I scanned the room and spotted our huge pile of snacks.

"Check!" I replied.

"Drinks?"

"Check!"

"Tissues?"

"Tissues? Why do we need those?" I asked.

"For our tears of happiness!" She replied.

"Oh okay, and check," I answered.

"That's it! Hurry Mase! They're on!" Chloe called from the living room. I bolted from the kitchen and ran to the couch sitting in my spot.

As the show continued, the other finalists performed. All of them were pretty amazing. Chloe and I screamed when the boys came out. As the music started, I instantly knew it. Your Song by Elton John.

As the boys sang perfectly, Chloe and I had tears streaming down our faces. When the song ended, we cheered and clapped as if we were there.

*****

"I think I'm gonna be sick," I said as the three final contestants were lined up on stage.

"Me too," Chloe said. We clung onto each other.

"In third place," the announcer said opening the envelope.

I closed my eyes as tight as possible and clung to Chloe.

"One Direction," the man finished.

"Nooo!" Chloe and I screamed. I burst into tears and hugged Chloe.

"Why? Why is this happening?" Chloe said in between sobs.

"I, I don't know," I said glancing back up at the screen. The boys were all hugging each other, sad looks expressed on their faces.

"So Simon, you've done a lot with these five boys. What do you have to say?" The man asked handing him the mic.

"This isn't the end of these boys. This is just the beginning for One Direction," he said with a slight smile.

*****

"Chloe! Wake up!" I shouted shaking the blonde headed girl.

"What? What's going on?" She mumbled slowly sitting up and rubbing her eyes.

"Do you remember what Simon said?" I asked smiling.

"Yeah, that it isn't the end for One Direction," she replied.

"Well, guess what happened?" I said jumping up and down.

"What?" She asked, her eyes widening.

"He signed them to his record! One Direction is official!" I shouted.

"Oh my god!" She yelled. She joined me in my jumping state and screamed with me.

"Are we fangirling?" I stopped jumping.

"Yes, yes we are!" Chloe shouted still jumping up and down.

*****

(AN: Sorry this is short! Well I am now done with school, so I will try to update quicker and more often! Thanks for everything!

-K x)