Chapter 13: We're Live

"Bye Mason!" Niall shouted squeezing me in a hug.

"Bye Niall," I laughed.

"I know you're gonna miss me the most," he said walking over to the car.

"Sure," I laughed.

"No, I'll be missed the most," Liam announced walking past me with his bags. He smiled at me and gave me a quick hug then piled into the car.

"I think we all know that I'm her best friend, and I shall be missed the most!" Louis shouted sticking his head out of the sun roof of the car. The boys looked to him, then back at me.

I laughed, "I'm going to miss all of you guys."

"Especially me," someone whispered in my ear and grabbing me from behind.

"Not if you keep scaring me," I said hitting him. He pouted and rubbed his arm. "Yes, you will most likely be missed the most, but don't tell anyone I said that," I whispered.

He smirked, "Maybe, just maybe." He pulled me closer, eliminating the space between us.

"C'mon Haz," The boys whined.

"You can make out with her when we get back!" Louis shouted.

I blushed while Harry chuckled. He gave me a quick kiss then ran over to the car with a goofy smile in his face.

"Bye guys!" I smiled, waving to them.

"Bye Mason!" They shouted waving back.

As the car pulls off, Harry pops his head out of the top and waves. I laughed at him and smiled. He might be growing up, but he will always be my crazy Harry.  

*****

I danced around the house as the music from my radio played. I hummed along to the music and twirled around as I moved about the house, until my phone interrupted me.

I ran over to the music, jerking the plug out of the wall, and jumped onto the couch, answering my phone, "Hey Harry."

"Someone is expecting a call from their boyfriend," The voice laughed.

"Shut it Chloe," I mumbled.

"So what's up? Besides missing your boyfriend and expecting him to call," she responded.

"Well, they're on their way to perform on Red or Black right now, and I just thought he was going to call me when the arrive so that's kinda why I, uh yeah," I stuttered out.

"Woah, this is their first live performance isn't it?" Chloe asked.

"Yes, and they're all really nervous. Especially Harry," I told her.

"I can see why," she said. "He has that solo and all, but I'm sure he'll be alright!"

"Thanks Chloe," I said smiling.

"I'll call you back later okay?"

"Okay Chlo, bye," I replied and hung up.

Later Harry called and told me they arrived. He promised to call me after they were done performing. I told him goodnight and crawled into bed.

*****

-Harry's POV-

Today was the day. This would be our first live performance. All of us are nervous, but I'm practically shaking with fear. I've sang in front of lots of people before, but not on live television. This was a big step for us.

We were told to wait backstage in the dressing rooms until we were called out. I was pacing the room and trying to clear my thoughts of worries and fear. I jumped when there was a knock on the door.

"Harry, you alright?" Louis asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said.

"Nervous?"

"More than ever," I replied.

"It's alright, you'll be amazing," Louis assured me.

I shook my head, "Don't lie to me Louis. I know I'm going to screw it up. Everyone will laugh and remember me as the kid who ruined his first chance at getting us out there..."

"Harry stop it!" He shouted. "I'm tired of you putting yourself down!"

"What's going on?" Liam asked stepping into the room.

"Nothing Liam, just go," I huffed. Louis looked over to him and mouthed something. Liam nodded and stepped out into the hallway.

"I can't do this," I mumbled and slumped onto the couch.

"Yes you can," Louis said patting my back.

"No I-" I started to shout but Liam came back in holding his phone out to me. I started to ask why but he held it out and said, "Take it." I took the phone from him and stood up, shooing them out of the room.

Once they left, I spoke.

"Hello?"

"What did I tell you?"

I instantly calmed down a little hearing her voice. "I'm...I'm sorry," I apologized.

"Do we need to have this conversation again?"

"No," I said quietly.

"Then why the hell are you doing it again? No wait don't answer that, just listen. You are amazing Harry. You're going to go out there and no matter what happens, you will have confidence in yourself. Promise?"

"God, I love you," I said almost tearing up.

"Then go out there and act like I'm the only one in that room okay? I'll be here for you no matter what, okay? Now go be amazing," she replied.

"I will, just for my number one fan," I laughed.

She giggled, "That's me alright! Now go, I'll be here."

"I love you," I said as the boys walked into the room.

"I love you too Harry," she responded. I hung up and looked up at the boys.

"We're on in two minutes," A woman with a headset popped in and announced. We nodded and she quickly disappeared backstage.

"Did you really mean it?" Niall asked.

"Mean what?" I responded.

"When you said you loved her," he said.

I smiled, "Yeah, I did."

They all smiled and squished me into a hug.

"Let's go smash this thing!" Louis shouted. We all cheered as people came and brought us to our places.

*****

-Mason's POV-

Did he really say that? No, he couldn't have. This isn't some fantasy dream. Is it?

I pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming, and smiled when I actually realized I wasn't.

He really did say that, and he meant it.

I never really thought I would ever actually love someone, but I meant it completely when I said it. I loved him, and he loved me.

I sat in the living room as the show came on. The clip of the boys running from the fans was very funny. I laughed as they continued running and made their way onto the stage and the girls followed.

The song progressed and my stomach grew tighter as Harry's part came nearer. When it came I hugged my knees to my chest and never drew my eyes from the screen. As he sang I watched his every move. After he finished, he shook his head while looking at the other boys. I knew something was wrong, but I put the worry aside. He was nervous, which I already knew, but overall it was great. The song continued as the boys jumped around the stage and looked rather happy.

The song ended and confetti flew. The boys were smiling as the men of the show came over to them.

*****