Twelve

I run to the bathroom the next morning and let the chunks out into the toilet. I cough and gag as I continue to puke. I wash my hand and my face before going to the kitchen.

"I heard you. Are you okay?" Jared asks.

"Yeah." I say congested.

"Go get dressed for a movie day with me." Jared laughs.

"Okay." I say nastily.

I go to my room and get dressed. I put my lip ring in and my sandals on. I put my hair into a messy bun and I go depart into the living room with the Jared Cameron. First we watch The Fault in our Stars. I am in tears by the ending of the movie. I put in the SpongeBob Movie. Jared can't control his laughter. He wakes dad and Emily up. I bite my lip to keep from laughing. When this movie ends, I put in Benchwarmers. I start bursting out into laughter because of that kid farting in another kids face. Sam chuckles and sits on the other side of me, Emily on the other side of Jared. Everybody else soon joins us.

I am in tears because Leah picked out Ole' Yeller. I like this movie. I pick out Where the Red Fern Grows. I cry with the two hound dogs die.

Paul has been staring at me this whole time and it's making me feel uncomfortable. I shift around in my seat and look ahead and see that we're watching Joe Dirt now. I smile a little and watching the movie, trying my best to ignore Paul's stares.

Once I'm tired of Paul's stares, I storm off into my room and slam the door. I sit on my bed. I get an urge I haven't had in years... I run to my door and lock it. I grab my little black box and unlock it. I dig through it and find a razor blade. I used this sucker a bunch in Vegas. I close the box and go to the bathroom located in my room. I slide down the door onto the floor and I place the piece of metal on the inner part of my wrist. I bite my lip and glide it over my delicate skin. The pain soothes me and makes me go numb. Forgetting Paul's stares. Forgetting him hurting me and making me sick. Forgetting Paul ditching me for a vampire. Forgetting everything.

But, that fantasy soon ends because I remember it all and the pain of the razor is gone. After rinsing my cuts off, I put my razor back in my little black box and lock it back up. I slide it back under my dresser and go back to the living room.

I sit beside Jared again and he looks at me, knowing what I did. He whispers into my dads ear. Dad grabs my good wrist and drags me to my room. He slams the door and locks it.

"Jared knows what you did. Show me the wrist and then the little black box." dad demands in his fatherly tone, not alpha.

I hesitate but show him my bad wrist anyways. He growls and throws my wrist down. "Box."

He hurt me. "G-get it yourself. You h-hurt me d-d-daddy." I start to cry.

"I'm sorry, Taylor." he pleads as he gets the box. He unlocks it and digs all my razors out. He kicks it back up. He walks out, with my razors.

I stuff my face into a pillow and scream. My dad took my escape. I wanna scream out loud. But I have the flue. I can't even leave the house.

I go to the kitchen so I can try to eat tonight. I get soup, Emily made it, and sit beside Paul. I take a spoon and slurp on my soup. I start to sneeze and I run to my room. I slam my door and lock it so nobody can get in. I sit on my bed and rock back and forth. I hear someone picking the lock and in comes Leah. She shuts and locks my door back.

Leah sits on my bed and I lay my head on her lap. She pets my hair and tries to soothe me. Trying to get me to calm down because I'm sick.

"Leah, I think it's getting worse." I mumble as I feel vomit rising again. I get up and take off to my bathroom. I erupt into the toilet and feel Leah hold my hair out of my face.

"It's going to be ok, Taylor. I'll talk to Emily. If you're no better by tomorrow, you're going to the hospital. No Cullen's there." Leah chuckles at the last part but she was serious about the rest.

"That works, Leah. Thanks for helping me." I hug her.

Leah smiles and walks out. I lay in my bed and fall asleep.