How To Save A Life

"Mum. Wake up. Please! Wake up!" I yelled, the tears streaming down my face.

"Dad! Please help! M- Dad? Dad! Please! Wake up!" I screamed. My vision becoming blurry and my throat becoming dry. I was starting to fell dizzy as the smoke inhalation was burning my throat.

"Mum. Dad. Please." I choked out before I fell to the ground as I was enveloped by darkness.

--

"Hallie, you're awake." The doctor said as my eyes fluttered open. I looked at my surroundings, seeing as I was in a hospital.

"Mum. Dad." I croaked out, sitting up. A sharp pain shot up my leg and I groaned in pain, my eyes tearing up.

"Hallie, I need you to lay down." The doctor commanded, I was in no mood to shoot something back at the doctor so I laid back and rested.

"I'm just going to check out your leg." He said, moving the blanket.

He felt around my ankle, but it didn't hurt. He saw this wasn't the area of pain so he moved up my leg and felt my knee. He lightly pushed down and a sharp stabbing pain was shot through my leg once again. I screamed out in pain and my leg jolted away from his touch.

"Well Hallie, it seems like your knee has been broken." The doctor said, pulling the blanket back over my leg.

"Great." I murmured, rubbing my eyes.

"Would you like us to call your uncle to come pick you up? We can get you a cast and some crutches and you can leave tomorrow morning. The smoke inhalation didn't do any major injuries and you only had to have stitches on your back shoulder blade." The doctor spoke.

"My uncle? Why can't my parents take me home?" I asked, opening my eyes.

"I'm afraid.. Your parents are dead."