Chapter Eleven

"Louis! Put me down!" I giggled loudly, then felt a pain in my leg.

"Never!" He exclaimed loudly and laughed, throwing me onto the couch. I landed on my leg, and I immediately started to groan. My eyes watered up, and I gripped my knee.

"Ow, crap." I mumbled, trying to sit up.

"Oh my gosh, Hallie, are you okay?" Louis asked, his eyes widening and rushing over to me.

"No, my knee hurts." I whined childishly, and pulled my skinny jeans up to reveal my knee. (It may or may not have been ridiculously hard to pull up.)

"You need to go to the hospital, I don't think knee caps are supposed to stick out of your skin." Louis said seriously, his eyes wider than before. "Don't move."

"Give me my phone." I said, trying to move but winced and stayed still.

Louis dialed Paul and grabbed my phone, giving it to me. Louis was talking lightning fast to Paul, and how badly I needed to go the hospital.

I quickly called Ashton, Louis watching me intently. You could see the hurt in Louis' eyes, but I needed Ashton. We had grown really close, and I needed him.

Once I had to Ashton what happened, he said he would meet us at the hospital. As soon as I hung up, Louis picked me up and carried me to the car Paul had brought. He rushed us to the hospital, and I was sent into the emergency room.

---

Almost three hours later, I was being pushed into a room. All of the One Direction and 5sos boys were waiting in there. My leg was wrapped, and in a cast. Again.

I was forced to tell the doctor, in front of everyone, that I had injured my knee and refused to wear the old cast and use the crutches the first time.

My leg had felt fine. It didn't hurt, at least until Louis threw me. The doctor told me I was lucky. If I would've waited any longer, I could've lost the entire lower half of my leg.

Now, I had no choice. I knew Louis would make me wear the cast, which I appreciated, and he would make me use the crutches, which I hated.

The doctor asked who would be responsible for giving me my medicine everyday; both Louis and Ashton jumped up at the same time. They stared at each other for a moment before everyone's focus turned on me.

"I guess you can choose, Hallie." The doctor said, handing me the pills.

Everyone's stare stayed on me, and it got extremely quiet. How was I supposed to choose?

I guess because I was trying to make Louis jealous, (who wouldn't?), I chose Ashton. He grinned widely, and excepted the bottle of pulls from my doctor.

The doctor said goodbye, and then walked out of the room silently.

I could see the hurt in Louis' stare, but Ashton's was full of happiness. Ashton pushed me over a little so he could sit down on the bed next to me, and I tried to move my leg without hurting it too much.

Everyone watched us, before Liam spoke up. "Why didn't you wear the cast?"

"Because my leg felt fine." I sighed.

"Obviously it's not fine!" Niall exclaimed, laughing a little at the end.

"Thank you, Captain obvious." Calum said, flicking Niall's ear.

"Be quiet. All of you." I groaned, rubbing my eyes tiredly. "You're all giving me a headache."

Everyone quieted down, and I laid my head on Ashton's shoulder, sighing quietly. "Goodnight."