Chapter Fifteen

"No-"

"Ash, stop." I sighed, putting my hand over Ashton's mouth. "He's right. We've been lying."

"Aha!" Niall exclaimed, pointing at both of us. "I knew you weren't dating Ashton!"

"Jewish."

Niall and I both said different things at the same time, causing me to laugh. 

"Jewish?" Niall and Ashton both asked at the same time, both turning to me. "Did you say Jewish?"

"Can you guys stop talking at the same time?" I groaned, ignoring their questions. 

"You're not Jewish?" They both asked, at the same time, again. What did I just say? I said I wasn't Jewish. Although, there wasn't really any suspicion that I was in the first place.

Niall laughed, shaking his head. "I'm pretty sure we all knew you weren't Jewish, Hallie." 

"Surprise?" I said, trying to have an excited and happy tone to my voice.

"Hallie, stop lying to me." Niall said sternly, suddenly serious. I winced a little at his seriousness, then sighed.

"Okay, you're right. We're not really dating." Ashton mumbled, running a hand through the hair sticking out of his bandana. 

"Ashton!" I groaned, slapping his arm. "You blew it!"

"He already knows, Hallie." Ashton sighed, shaking his head. 

"So I'm right?" Niall asked, stepping towards us. "You guys aren't really dating?"

"Yeah, you're right." I sighed with a nod, fiddling with my fingers as I looked down at the floor.

"But why?" Niall asked confusedly, sitting down, waiting for us to start talking. 

I sat down next to Niall, then Ashton sat down on the other side of him. "To make Louis jealous?"

Niall stared at me in confusion. "Why in the world would you do that, Hallie? That's ridiculous."

"It sounded.. Fun, I guess. I don't know, I'm sorry. But Ashton is using me to impress some girl from Sydney." I defended, pointing to Ashton. 

Ashton simply sighed and nodded in quilt. I rolled my eyes a little. He was ridiculous sometimes.

"Hallie, you're insane. Louis is going to hate you when he finds out that this wasn't a real relationship!" Niall exclaimed, shaking his head.

"He won't find out, Niall. Once I think this little thing is ridiculous, I'll just 'break up' with Ashton. Nobody has to know this relationship wasn't real, and nobody will get hurt. It's simple." I said like it was obvious, standing up. I really needed to stretch my bad leg. It was starting to fall asleep by being still for so long. 

"You're lucky I don't march straight up to Louis and tell him what's going on." Niall mumbled, running a hand through his matted down quiff.

"Niall, please." I groaned, leaning on my crutch for support.

"Yeah mate, come on. Don't ruin our plan." Ashton added in, nudging Niall's shoulder with his elbow.

"What's in it for me?" Niall asked, raising his eyebrows. 

"I'll do your laundry." I offered, hoping he would agree. Because if not, we're done for. 

Niall thought about it for a moment, then sighed in defeat. "Alright, fine. I won't tell Louis." He paused, then hopped up. "But that doesn't mean I won't tell Harry or Liam." 

Niall dashed out of the tour bus, surprisingly fast for someone with a bum knee. Ashton was first t react, chasing after him. I walked over to the tour bus door, pushing it open. I watched as Ashton tackled Niall, obviously being careful of his knee.