Chapter Eight

"Psst, Louis," i whispered, poking his cheek.

"Louis," I urged, flicking his nose. He didn't move.

I pulled his arms off of me, and stood up. I took a deep breath and yelled, "Louis William Tomlinson wake up!"

"I'm up! I'm up!" Louis yelled, his arms flailing around in a desperate attempt to sit up.

"What time is it?" Louis attempted to say in the middle of a yawn.

"About 4:42am. I'm hungry!" I said.

"Well go eat something." Louis said, laying back down.

"No, we're stopped in a town. We can go get some food and then come back to the bus!" I said excitedly, pulling him up and walking towards the tour bus door.

"Fine, but we can only be gone five minutes. We don't want the bus to leave us." Louis said. He grabbed his hoodie off the couch next to the door, but I stole it before he could slip it on.

"You might want a jacket, it's raining." I said as he rolled his eyes, grabbing one of the other boys' jackets and walking out the door.

---

"Do you want to hear a joke my dad always used to tell me?" I asked softly as we stood outside a convenient store, sharing a family-sized bag of Doritos with powdered donuts.

"Sure." Louis said, powder flying out of his mouth when he spoke.

"Knock knock."

"Who's there?"

"Orange."

"Orange who?"

"Knock knock."

"Who's there?"

"Orange."

"Orange who?"

"Knock knock."

"Are you serious?"

"Just go with it."

"Fine. Who's there?"

"Banana."

"Banana who?"

"Orange you glad I didn't say banana?" I said, slapping my knee and spitting Doritos out of my mouth.

Louis' face stayed emotionless as I kept laughing, but he practically exploded in laughter when he saw the Doritos fly out of my mouth.

After about two minutes of laughing, we finally settled down.

"We should probably head back to the bus before we get left," Louis suggested, closing the bag of chips and giving me the last powdered donut.

"Good idea," I said, eating the donut and taking a drink from my Pepsi before putting the lid back on.

"Alright, run on 3," Louis said, grabbing my hand before racing through the blinding rain.

"1," I said, pulling the hood over my head.

"2," Louis said, pulling up his hood.

"3!" We both said, sprinting through the rain to the bus.

We got to where the bus is.. or was.

"Louis, speaking of getting left by the bus," I said, squeezing his hand.

"Don't. Even. Say. It."