3 - The New Guy in Town, Blue Highlights

Mikoto went shopping to buy some stuffs. Kuroko and Kazari couldn't come because they had business to attend.  Ruiko tagged along with Mikoto because why not?

"Misaka-san, do you have a boyfriend" Ruiko asked all of a sudden. Mikoto jerked a bit being asked something like that out of nowhere.

"Why would I?"

"Who knows.....Suddenly the Railgun of Tokiwadai spending the night with an average backstreet fighter guy."

"Wh-who told you that?"

"A certain twintail girl" Ruiko purposely pointed out Kuroko's obvious hairstyle. Besides, who else would've known about it?

"KURO-!" Mikoto was hit before being able to finish Kuroko's name. She fell down on her rear as the guy who hit her tripped in front of her. "Hey, watch where you going!"

It was a teenage boy who looked like Touma. He has blue eyes, blue highlighted hair and jacket. When he faced Mikoto to say sorry, his eyes widen and his adrenaline's flowing through his bloodstream.His only thought was trouble. He can't let her catch him. He got up quickly to get out of there and dashed out of there without looking back.

"Oi! Don't just hit and run! At the very least, apologize!" Mikoto ranted as she got up and brushed her skirt. "Some people just don't know manners."

"Misaka-san, don't say that. He looked troubled." Ruiko tried to be positive.

"Then, why didn't he asked for he-" Again her words are interrupted. A gang of five backstreet fighters pushed her aside as they cleared their way to chase the guy just now. "Hey!"

"Misaka-san!" Ruiko looked at her signalling they should help. Mikoto looked back at her and towards the chasers. She then gives up and finally agreed to Ruiko. "Come on!"

It was at the end of a back alley that the guy finally gave up on running any further as he was trapped. He was cornered by the five members.

"Hey hey hey, why are you running away? We just wanna be friends!" One of them said.

"Yeah, we'd train together to get stronger!" Another one continued. "But we don't know how many times you can stand during training." They all burst into laughter together.

"Ah...I don't quite understand what are you guys trying to say....but I have my own business to attend to." The guy responded with little to no knowledge of their intention.

"Eh, he doesn't understand. Why not we show him?" He directed his right hand forward and a stream of flames coming out like a flamethrower. The cornered guy tried to dodge the incoming flames until ...

"Hey, what are you doing to my friend?" Mikoto barged into the back alley. Inspired by Touma's 'Pretend to be an Acquaintance and Naturally Pulling Her Out of the Messy Situation' plan, she calls the unknown guy 'friend'. At least that stopped their attack.

Once again, his heartbeat rose. His eyes widens. He wanted to get away, but he is trapped.

"Huh! Is this brat your friend, kiddo?" The pyrokinesis guy asked with a detestable way. The so called kiddo is still in frozen state, thinking of a way to get out of here. The only exit is blocked by Mikoto and he is surrounded by walls higher than he could climb. Why is he so scared of her?

"I don't think that is a way you want to describe her." Ruiko knew what that word, brat, would cause so she would want to advise them to not to use it. Of course, Mikoto was in the middle of her short-tempered rage as Ruiko said that.

"What did you say? DON'T CALL ME BRAT!!" Mikoto roared the hell out them and was ready with her usual stance. Ruiko was surprised she was able to not bring out a surge of electricity in her rage. Oh, an amazing development; Ruiko thought. But then, Mikoto, on the other hand, who knew why there is no electricity surging through the body, just realized about it. Her urge to save other and Ruiko's assertiveness made her forgot that she has no powers. Now what will she do?

Of course, there's no backing out now. She is in her fighting stance and ready for any attack.

"Oh, so you wanna fight eh? Let's see what a brat can do." He ordered his men to back off as he wanted this to be a fair one on one fight. Isn't picking a kiddo with no powers with 5 men already considered unfair? Why being fair now? Maybe he wanted to reward her for being so brave and heroic? Let's just put that aside.

Balls of flame appeared behind his hand as he charged towards Mikoto before throwing it one by one. Mikoto's reflexes allows her to choreograph her steps evading the fireballs. It was thanks to her fighting experience she got beforehand that she was able to pull off such a thing.

The guy was irritated that none of it hits. As he draw closer to Mikoto, he clenched his fist trying to melee her as she is distracted by the fireballs. SWISH! as he swung his fist at Mikoto.

Luckily, she blocked it out of reflex. Even so, she's unlucky enough to not notice the fireball hidden behind his fist. As a result, she was knocked down.

"Misaka-san!" Ruiko exclaimed. Why didn't she use her powers as she fight? Then, she thought. "No way!" It wouldn't be possible. How on earth could that be possible? Mikoto can't just somehow lose her powers. But she needs to do something! 

"Hold it!" She stretched her hands wide forming a human barricade just between the pyrokinesis and Mikoto Misaka, who was down on the ground but not unconscious.

"Eh? What's this? Another brat is showing off?"

Even I can protect her! Ruiko thought deep within her heart as she was about to receive a blow from him. It was about time the fist hits her.

"Don't you dare lay a hand on my friend!" Mikoto Misaka raged at him whilst holding off his fist from hitting Ruiko. He received a hard blow on his face rendering him to be thrown back. "If you want to fight. Why not fight with your fist instead you coward!"

He wiped his blood from his face with his hand.

"You freaking...!!!" He charged full power towards Mikoto. She was doing her best fending off his attacks and dodging them. Their coordination were so harmony it was like 2 performers on stage. Left, right, jump, duck; that was all what she was doing. Or rather, that was what she can only do. She was relatively weak to attack but enough to defend. Then, a kick went straight to the stomach. She went flying a few meters off ground until...

Mikoto can feel the time stopped around her. She was floating in mid air. Her consciousness was at its end; fading out. Everything went dark. It was like eternity that time ticks, slowly.

"Ouch!" Mikoto was suddenly down on the ground, sitting. She was just out the alley, by the main road. The group of men along with Ruiko was gone.

"Eh! Misaka-san what are you doing sitting around? Come on, it's almost curfew." Ruiko was on her way home carrying shopping bags she got from Seventh Mist, a prominent shopping mall in the district. Wait, she can't be! Just now was here but then she was.... Argh!! "You look like you've seen a ghost. Are you alright, Misaka-san?"

Misaka was too weak to even speak. Her strength was drawn out during the fight plus the shock she was in, she laid flat on the ground; unconscious.

=Author's Note=

Hi again! Good to be back! This time, I want to introduce an OC of mine which happens to drop by this episode. Luckily, he didn't spill his name out. I'll give you a clue - it has nothing to do with Touma's name XD.

Next time, it'll revolve around Kuroko and a lil' bit of spoiler - Kuroko can teleport but not me!