8 - Looking Through Cameras and Maps, The Search

"It's that guy from yesterday!" Mikoto barged into the ward where her friends are. Seriously Mikoto, this is a hospital! Barging in like that and shouting is not what you should do in a hospital.

"Oh, wait. Have you heard? About what's happening and all that stuff." Seeing that Ruiko is awake, it would be a hassle to do the explanation again. Good thing she nodded in agreement meaning there is no need for another explanation.

Mikoto cleared her throat before continuing. "It's that guy from yesterday. He's the cause of all this trouble." All eyes went straight to Mikoto, giving the "What guy are you talking about?" look. Having no idea how to react, she looked at Ruiko somewhat trying to do telekinesis telling her, "you know, that guy!"

That didn't work either because even Ruiko has no idea who is she talking about. To Mikoto, she was with Ruiko when she encountered that guy but to Ruiko, she was only shopping yesterday. It's like they live in a different world.

Sighing, she finally explained. When she finished, everybody finally came to an understanding. Even so, that doesn't mean that there is no question running through their heads.

Uiharu reached her PDA to do her usual information gathering. Kuroko, as usual, asked the first question.

"How does that innocent guy creates such disturbance?"

"I'm not a researcher, don't ask me." Mikoto replied.

"So, where is that guy?" Ruiko asked a more practical question. Well, it's not that Kuroko's question is irrelevant. It's just that you can't change the fact that he is the cause but you can use the fact about his location.

"That..." Mikoto raised one finger up to shoulder level as if she knows the answer and paused. "...is going to be a problem."

"Eh?! How so? Is it because he cannot be tracked?"

"Uhm, something like that." Mikoto tried to explain. "You see, at one time he was in one of the wards here. At another time, he just disappeared."

"So you mean he could be anywhere around the world? Or worse! He could be anywhere across dimensions?!"

"That is unlikely. Being across dimensions, I mean." Kuroko interrupted. "There has been a lot of spatial disturbance lately meaning there is a lot of chances for him to escape to another dimension yet he still chooses to be here. Why? Maybe there is an unfinished business he needs to do or simply because he is oblivious to the fact that he does not belong here."

"It's not likely but it's not impossible though. Either way we need to hurry. If the higher-ups wants it, then there's no time to lose." Kuroko continued.

"Why do we have to get involved with this?" Mikoto is being skeptical. Somehow, there is a sudden urge to not trust the city's authorities.

"Because as far as I'm concerned, the city is up to no good. I've seen a lot of stuff since that day. Onee-sama's clone is one of them. You don't want to see the rest of it." Kuroko's voice turned gloomy all of a sudden. "That's why we must make him realise and go home as soon as possible."

"What about us?" Ruiko asked. Out of all the four, she would hate it the most to be left out of the action.

"Uiharu might be fine if we file an early discharge but you, I can't guarantee it considering your wound and all."

"Oh yeah. Now you mention it. How's your wound?" Mikoto finally asked about her friend's condition. Seriously, you shouldn't forget about your friends no matter what the condition is.

"My back still hurts. They say the wound is pretty deep."

"Can you move?"

"Apart from things that relate to curving my spine, yes I can. Every turn hurts so much."