Chapter #1

< Bezubaan, also written as Bezuban or Be-zubaan (Devnagari:बेज़ुबान, Urdu:بزبان) is an Urdu word which means someone who cannot speak. Hence, someone who cannot speak, due to physical reasons, a mute person, can be called Bezubaan. >

CHAPTER 1 

Piya's POV 

Sometimes I thought in my life, if I'd get someone who'd love me for who I was and not the way I was. Unfortunately, I never got someone like that, that was until I was 23 years old. For the first time, after I was over with my education I got job in an NGO and that was indeed the happiest moment in my life.

But I couldn't show people the kind of excitement I felt. My mom sang beautiful songs for me, dad went and gave everyone sweets in the neighborhood, and my brother was all obsessed with the English rock bands racking the floor with the huge music.

I smiled, and laughed and danced with them. But I couldn't shout out my happiness to them. I couldn't tell mom how excited I was for my first day at the NGO amongst the kids, and all the people there.

Why?

Because, I couldn't speak. I didn't have the power of voice.

In one word I am dumb, but hey! I'm not deaf. I can listen to the way people talk, how they compliment me, and how they praise others. I had listened to each and every speech delivered by our professors at college and they always said that my handwriting was exceptionally well.

I had a reason for having a good writing. That was my only way of communication other than my sign language which everyone didn't understand. These people, whom I call parents, are not even my biological parents. They never told me that until I asked about it. My parents died in a car accident and that was where I lost my voice as well. The doctors said that I'd not be able to speak ever in my lifetime.

They were right.

Not that I wasn't happy! I was one of the happiest people in the whole world, my parents had adopted me when I was one, and I was their little girl. They loved and adored me, and they did everything parents should do for their child.

One thing that wasn't in my destiny was Love. Whenever they had approached someone for marriage I was directly out in the reject list, so I thought about doing my Masters in English and the try for the NGO job. And today, I had the dream in my hands.

"You'll be my gorgeous little girl, Piya beta!" I had remembered my father saying, and today when he hugged me out of happiness and had shed those tears of joy, I couldn't help but cry as well.

I will prove it to you Papa, I moved my fingers and indicated it to him in sign language to which he hugged me again and kissed my forehead.

I was waiting for the weekend to pass and when it did, I found the most amazing thing, in the whole world, I found Him in the NGO.

***

Firstly, thanks to everyone who chose to read this story. Hopefully, I'll not disappoint you anyway. And after every chapter I'll leave a note. Please do vote and comment if you think it is worth it, because that would mean a huge lot! Also, I really wish to know your views upon this. You can always ping me in my inbox, or leave a message in my wall.

Then again, I was very nervous before writing this story! But yay! See, now it's posted!

Lastly, the copyrights of these story belong to me, so please do not copy it in any form of digital or paperback format.

***Do vote and comment!***

Thank you! 

Love, 
Dee. ♥