Chapter #8

CHAPTER 8

When we finally reached near my house, all I could see a huge lot of people gathered around the place, and looking at the huge red coloured red Fire Brigade that was standing there. Something uncomfortable shifted inside me. What was going on there?

I looked lost at the crowd, who were unable to understand me, and beside me, Aryan squeezed my hand in assurance.

Had something caught fire around the house? Was that the reason why Shuvam had been so worried? No wonder. He's still just a boy after all.

"Piya Di!" I heard his cry, as he looked at me and Aryan and ran towards us, soot covering all over his hand and face, making me jerk away my hand from Aryan's in an instant as I panicked and caressed his face in haste. Why was he covered with soot? What had happen?

I asked everything hastily to him, unable to move my hands much, because people were being evacuated away by the Fire Brigade. I could hear the sirens of the ambulance, making the panic hit me harder.

What the hell was happening?

I glanced around, and Aryan had a similar expression on his face, while instead of panic, I could see the deepened frown on his face.

"Mom and Dad..." Shuvam started saying in between his heavy breaths, "They had just come. And this had happened."

What had happened? ; I asked with, looking around, while Shuvam grabbed my hand and quickly made way for us to pass, and there I stood, looking at the house blazing in front of me, water being poured over it by huge pumps of the fire brigade as they were trying to tame the fire that had covered over our house. Our own house was on fire!

I looked at the burning place, as tears silently made way down my eyes, as dread inside me started budding to the level, so that I couldn't breathe anymore. Where were my parents? What had happened? Where were they?

I turned to Shuvam as I noticed his tears as well, as we looked at the burning house in which we'd spent our whole childhoods in. Everything was suddenly drifting away into the past.

I patted Shuvam's cheek quickly, telling him to look at me, as I gripped the corner of my kurti with my other hand, he looked at me, his eyes searching my reading my inner turmoil.

Where are Mom and Dad? ; I still asked, wiping away the sooth from his face. Why had he gone inside when the fire was already blazing the house? We had lost the memories, I knew. All documents, everything should be gone if even the ground floor had caught fire. Apparently though it was somewhere in the second floor.

"They have been taken to the hospital." He hushed quietly, looking at me, as tears rolled down his face.

Hospital? Why?

I asked him the same, as he looked down at our feet and hugged me real tightly, crying on my shoulder. He was taller than me, a lot taller, but the way he was crying on my shoulder made me feel something was really going wrong here.

"They are burnt at some places Piya di," He hiccupped once, and looked at me, and by the time he said that I was already numb, "They needed immediate medication."

I wanted to shout at him.

Tell him, what the hell he was doing here, when our parents were there in the hospital struggling.

But I couldn't.

I saw the people, who were now bored at the sight of the fire steering away from the place, and two Fire Brigades now stealing the building since the fire was almost gone.

It was night now. Everything was dark, and the blazing orange glow of the fire now dimmed. Our neighbors who were in good terms with us came and cradled our faces, told that everything was going to be alright, that our parents were going to be okay. All they were giving were false hopes.

Shuvam read my eyes, and he dropped a kiss on my head, before moving away.

I grabbed his hand tight. I wasn't strong enough to lose him, and he understood that.

"I'm just going to the hospital. They are in the burn unit of VRS Hospital, I'll see, you please take the money out of the bank and come." He said, rubbing my shoulders and then my cheek, and went away.

***

Yaaayy! Back to back updates! :D I just updated yesterday, and here it is again! ^_^ 
Well, please DO NOT freak out. It's just gonna be okay.

Tataaaa! Byyeee! 
See ya, on Saturday, maybe? ;)