Chapter #10

CHAPTER 10

You should go as well; I pushed Aryan, as he was still there, as I stood in front of our parent's wards. We'd been able to meet them, and they were in consciousness this time around. It was because of that the doctor had called me, and it was 11.30 at night, and Aryan was still here with me.

I promised to stay, didn't I?; He asked, making me smile.

I know you will, but your family must be waiting. So go, I'll see you tomorrow morning; I said, and squeezed his shoulder in assurance, while he looked at me warily.

You sure, you gonna be okay?; He asked, still looking, while I nodded.

He came closer and quickly kissed the top of my head, making me shut my eyes and feel his alluring comfortable presence around me. I was falling for him, hard, and irrevocably into it. It had just been not even three weeks since we met, and he had become so special, and so endearing. He was there with me, when the only person beside me was my brother, and here my parents were struggling yet again to become normal.

For their case was not very major, one operation on both of them was enough to cure the area of the skin that was burned. For my mother it was her back, and my father it was his left arm and shoulder.

Aryan left after that. I stayed in the room, and fell asleep. It was sometime around in the middle of the night, when the urge to urinate of course came up, so I rushed to the toilets. While returning, I went into my parent's room. Papa was awake for some reason, and I went sat beside him.

"Piya?" He asked, his eyes wandering off to mine, as I stretched and held his hand. One touch from me, and he knew that it was me.

"How is the house?" He asked, closing his eyes now, while I took his palm and scribbled there with my forefinger.

From early childhood this was the way we had conversed. And my father loved teaching me new things by the feeling of the skin.

Gone almost; I wrote back.

"Where is Shuvam?"

Friend's house;

"Where are you going to stay?" He asked, his voice laced with worry.

In the hospital; I replied and made a smiley on his palm, and he gave a feeble smile to me.

"You got the money, right?"

Everything has been taken care of; I said, and kissed his forehead, and drew patterns on his hand, like the way he used to do when I was sick and crying due to all the little bullying that some childhood classmates used to do. When he was the one who taught me that life wasn't a bed of roses, along with the roses came the thorns were sometimes the pathways to those roses.

I stayed for some while, going over to mom, I dropped a small kiss on her forehead, as a teardrop left my cheek.

What did my parents ever do to deserve so much pain? They didn't deserve any of the pain. Does giving life to a 'Bezubaan' girl so much of a crime, that their own relatives had abandoned them, when they'd adopted me? They taught me to be strong, and never back down. They taught me to never care about what the world said and only do as my heart pleased.

What was their crime that their whole life was suddenly reduced to ashes? I never will get to know. All I knew, that in spite of everything, they taught me to be strong, and being their daughter, I would be strong.

****

Okay. How was that? ;) Sorry for the late update darlos. Actually my exams just ended today, and yaaaayyy! FINALLY some time for myself, only for few days though, since school starts on Monday again *sobs* Anyway! I'd love to give double update today! Maybe I will :D 

Love, 
Dee ♥