Chapter #5

CHAPTER 5 

Friendships were deeper, when they didn't need words, and so was the case in mine and Aryan's relation. We didn't quite call it friendship or anything, but we knew we felt a deep bond. Since he had again got back to his usual morning schedule, we had same working hours.

My brother, mom, and dad, everyone asked me about how my days went, and how much I was comfortable with the works that I had to do.

Watching over my excitement, as I grinned hard every day, and threw up my hands in giddiness, making them understand how amazing my each day was they easily understood that I was indeed very happy with the kind of life I was leading.

My sweet, yet irritating of a brother, who was in his 12th standard now, made me write all his English essays and made me do all that stupid work for him.

I adored him very much though. He was my little toy, and from the very beginning, even before he learnt to speak, he understood my sign language. We shared a very deep bonding.

And he was the first one to know about Aryan.

"Piya di, found a guy for you?" He chuckled, joking as we looked at the cloudy sky, sitting on the terrace swing.

I blushed slightly, looking down and nodded in negative.

"Lair!" Shuvam exclaimed, excitement written all over his face, and I instantly knew I was caught in the act. Well, I wanted to tell him after we confessed it to ourselves, but my brother was the closest person to me, so I didn't quite mind telling it to him.

I looked up at him, and poked my tongue out to slightly nod at him.

He was usually busy with his sporting and studies, and nowadays we spent time only at late night, when both of us were free. We would take our jointly owned laptop, go online, shop for stuff uselessly, buy books, watch videos and pass comments on how weird things were. We did every fun thing together. I even knew his first time when he accidentally fell on top of a classmate, and had his first kiss.

Embarrassing as it was, he was the one to teach me all kinds of sexual stuff that was on and off in the topics in boys. We didn't hide anything from each other at all. Shuvam exactly even knew what would cheer me up when I had terrible period pains, and his tricks always worked.

"Tell me about him!" He yelled again, against my ear, and I chuckled slightly.

Leaning my head on his shoulder, I played with my fingers and arms, and movements of lips and eyes, trying to describe how Aryan looked. I hadn't told him about his name yet, but kept on telling my brother about how we met, and what had happened.

Keeping my hands on my lap, I indicated guitar and told him how good Aryan was at playing it. He laughed, and patted my hair slightly, making me feel the comfort of having a protective brother around one.

He is nice; that was what I said in the end, feeling a bit tired of telling Shuvam all the details. This was as tiring as talking, in accordance to me.

"What's his name?" He asked, leaning his head on mine, and rubbed my arms once, as the cold wind approached. It was autumn after all, sometimes cold winds were very much expected.

I took his palm, and slowly wrote the name over Shuvam's hand with the tip of my forefinger, the name which was keeping me bounded to something onto him – Aryan.

***

Won't say anything. Ain't happy with the response. Still. 

Love, 
Dee. ♥