Truly Madly Deeply.

Luke's POV:

You know that total flux moment, you see something and you know that's all you've ever wanted? The first time I experienced it was when I was eight years old and looked at the shiny Transformer toy. That's all I ever wanted. And the moment I got it was when my life seemed complete.

After a hard day at work, being Monday, seeing this visual in front of me melted all my tiredness. She had her hair in a bun with a few strands wisped out falling on her face, wearing an oversized t-shirt and shorts. Her lips smeared with what I could guess was ice cream. She stared intently at her computer screen typing in between.

This is what I want. This was all I wanted. This was the sight that I wanted to be greeted with, everyday I come off work.

"Hey!" I closed in the distance between us and slumped on the couch.

She slammed her laptop shut. "Hi.." She replied and went on to finish the rest of the ice cream.

"Did you find an apartment?" I asked casually, but her slurping her ice cream and licking her lips were distracting enough.

"Hey!" She snapped her fingers to my face. I snapped out of my thoughts but still my eyes were drifting towards her pretty mouth. "I said no." Her voice reached my ears.

I sighed. "You don't have to leave, Lisa..." Why did she have to leave? I wanted to take care of her. I looked at her eyes turn cold. What? What did I do again? "What?" I asked innocently.

"Don't call me that again." She muttered.

"What? Lisa?"

"Yes!" She said her voice a pitch higher. I winced and pressed my thumb and index finger to my forehead.

"Stop screaming woman, I have a head ache!"

"Oh really?!" She yelled it out on purpose. I pressed harder on my temples to relieve the pain.

"Well thanks to you, my headache just went up a notch." I snapped at her. She stared at me sympathetically. I just closed my eyes and kept massaging my temples.

I felt the weight on the couch shift over which I assumed Louisa had scooted closer to me. She was sitting Indian style on the couch facing my side.

What surprised me was when I felt her cold fingers on my forehead. "Does it hurt too much?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowed. "Not much.." I replied. She applied pressure, it looked like she was trying but all that her fingers were doing were just tickling instead of massaging.

Laughter erupted from my chest as I held her hand that was massaging, "Stop. You're so bad at this!" She frowned at me, I laughed. Her lips cracked a smile too.

"All you keep doing is this..." I imitated her massaging on her forehead. She laughed too. That's when I realised how close we were. I pushed a lock of hair behind her ear. I still kept my right hand on her cheek. I leaned in closer slowly, giving her time to back off if she wanted to. Instead she leaned in. I took that as a thumbs up and went all in.

It was slow at first but the warmth it created was exhilarating enough. My heartbeats soared.  She tasted like chocolate ice cream. I  slipped my left hand to her waist to support her and with my spare hand I tried to let her hair loose. It flowed down like a water fall after being released from that bun.

"Luke..." She breathed out cupping my face with both of her hands. "I can't...we can't...!" She pulled away abruptly.

"What's wrong?" I frowned at her. I cupped her face and tried to read her. Her eyes darted to eyes left and right as if she was searching something in them.