Ghosts of Highschool

Today was a good day. The sun was shining. The birds were chirping. And most of all Louisa Branson was in a good mood. And why shouldn't she be? Their publishing company where she worked as the Assistant Editor was saved by an angel. She whistled on her way to her room. She hadn't seen the new CEO but she already admired him.

She entered the elevator with two other women from the finance department.

"Have you seen the new CEO?" the red head gushed.

"No, why?"

"Well, he's really good looking. He's tall and brooding..."

Louisa shook her head as the woman drawled on and on about the new CEO. The elevator dinged and the doors opened. She balanced the two cups in her hands and started walking towards his office.

She gave a slight knock and after hearing a gruff come in. She entered the room. The room was very placid. The walls were a combination of chocolate brown and Cream. North to the door stood a large mahogany desk. After working here for a year, she knew where everything was.

She gasped as she saw a familiar face staring at her. It was a face she didn't even remember after all these years. All she had was a haze of memories. And now all of those memories rushed back to her. Her hands became unsteady as his piercing eyes met hers. She had dropped the coffee and it ran across the marble floor also staining her shoes.

Turning back and she opened the door and walked towards the break room. No, this can't be happening! She repeated to herself. She plopped on one of the chairs and kept on making her stupid mind understand that all of this was a misunderstanding, even when she knew that it wasn't.

8 years before...

"Hot guy twelve o' clock!" Marissa muttered.

All of their heads snapped in that direction. They saw the most famous guy in Fallon High, Luke Devon. He was rich, good looking and his eyes were to die for. Wherever he went girls swooned before him. Including Louisa Branson. She had a crush on him since eight grade. A jerk had pushed her and her books fell scattered, he helped her pick up her books and gave her a really sweet smile. Since then Louisa liked him too.

Farrah Fallon snorted. She was least interested in Luke. She was beautiful, rich and famous. And her dad owned the school. Everybody in the school knew that Everybody in the school knew their story too. Luke had a crush on Farrah.But Farrah always pushed him away saying she wasn't interested. Then she accepted and then she broke up with him. Yep Farrah was a A- class b*tch. It didn't matt

Somewhere or the other every girl wished two things. Either Luke be theirs or Farrah's. And neither of it was happening.

Instead Luke became the ultimate player in the school. Well it did fulfil some girls' wishes. Maybe that was why Farrah hated him.

"Hey Farrah!" Luke gave his best smile which showed his dimple on his right cheek.

"Great! Now my morning is ruined."

Farrah snorted and pulled Louisa with her. Louisa readjusted her glasses and glanced back at Luke. He was still staring at them, moreover at Farrah.

Louisa sighed. She knew that a guy like Luke was way beyond her league. She was the quite nerdy girl and he was the famous guy. The only way that they could be together was if a obsessed teen wrote a lame novel on them.

Now...

"Gosh! Lou? I've been searching for you everywhere!" Beth said in a thick British accent.

She just looked up at Beth. Beth came over and asked her what was wrong and all she could say was she felt sick.

"Funny, that's what Mr. Devon said too. And he told me to you bring you up after you feel better."

Mr. Devon. It was proof that whatever she saw was true and not a figment of her imagination. She stood up straight and rubbed the creases on her skirt and walked towards his office.

She knew what she was supposed to do. And opening up the door she got in. Taking a deep breath she uttered,

"I quit."

A/N: So, you like it? If you did please please Comment and Vote. Please?