Little Kitten

Hunter's POV
"Tiffany, go away." I said angrily. Instead, she jumped on top of me and started making out with me. Right when I was gonna pull away, she jumped off of me and glared at the school nerd. "Hello, nerd." She giggled in an ear-piercing tone. "Hello Tiffany." The nerd said back. Tiffany scoffed and looked the nerd up and down. "Looks like someone needs some fashion advise." Tiffany scowled. "I could say the same to you!" The nerd shot back and I was tempted to holler, BURN! The nerd strut into the classroom and sat at her normal seat in the front. Tiffany blazed her eyes into the back of the nerds head. I just acted like I didn't seem to notice. Then, Tiffany and I walked into the classroom and I sat as far away from her as I could. God, that girl is annoying.

(Skipping until Savannah is on the phone)

I heard some chattering from the distance. No one else was still at school, who was that? I continued walking until I could hear the words. "I know you hate me but.." Someone said. "Reece, please please please! I have no one to walk home with and I missed the bus, please." The voice practically begged. I heard a sigh and then it started raining. I got closer to where the voice was and saw Savannah.

"Hello Savannah." I said. Okay, maybe I sounded just a bit too creepy because Savannah tensed up and shivered for a moment. "Please don't hurt m.. Hunter?!" She asked as if she didn't know it was me at first. "Need a ride?" I asked casually. "Uhhh." Savannah hesitated. "It's not like I'm going to kill you." I said with a slight smirk.

"Well thanks for the heads up." She said sarcastically, making me chuckle.

The rain started to get really heavy and I looked at her face. "No thanks." She finally said and I sighed. "Oh please," I started. "You know you want to. I wouldn't want to walk home in this if I was offered a ride." I pointed out and she pursed her lips.

"Who do you want to bring me home? You could be like everyone else and ignore me." She said bluntly and bit her bottom lip, slightly turning me on.

I tensed as she said everyone ignored her but I stepped forwards and brushed back her hair, leaning down to whisper in her ear. She shivered under my touch and I smirked. "I want you." I said and backed away, the rain pouring down my face.

Savannah tensed and chewed on her upper lip, looking anywhere but at me. I started taking steps backwards but she stopped me. "Fine, you can give me a ride." She sighed, running her hands through her soaking hair.

I led us to my black pick up truck, opening the passenger seat for her and getting in myself.mi saw she was very uncomfortable so I turned on the radio to maybe calm the mood.

"Where's your house." I asked awkwardly. "173 Brooke's Lane." She answered with a slight toon as she listened to the radio.

I smiled slightly and drove to where she directed. I realized she was feeli more comfortable because she started to sing. "You have a nice voice." I blurted and she blushed and stopped singing. "Th..thanks." She stuttered and curled her legs to her knees, and looking out the window. "Don't stop." I laughed and she shrugged, still not singing. I shrugged it off and focused on the road.

I finally turned into her street and realized that I was actually upset that she was leaving. I turned into a driveway that was hers and watched as she moved her hand to the door handle and pulled it. "Thanks, by the way." She muttered and I nodded in an upward motion while saying 'thanks'.

"You really didn't have too. I could've walked home. I usually don't miss the bus, I never have, actually. My brother hates me an..." She slapped her hand over her mouth as if she didn't mean to say that. "Your brother hates you?" I repeated and Savannah sighed. "Yeah." She breathed.

I don't know why I was getting mad all the sudden but I found myself jumping out of my truck and storming to her front door. "Hunter!" Savannah squeaked but I kept going.

"Hunter stop!" Savannah said firmly from behind me. The front door swung open and a boy in his mid-twenty's or so stepped out. "What's going on?" He asked harshly.

"Nothing, Reece." Savannah said. 'Reece' brushed past me and to Savannah. He slapped her across the face. I boiled with anger.

I stormed towards them and pried Reece away from Savannah. "Who the hell do you think you are?" Reece seethed at me.

"Who the hell do you think you are, slapping your sister like that!" I yelled but Reece stood his ground.

"Hunter, just drop the subject, it's fine." Savannah squeaked from behind.

I didn't even glance at her, I took the first punch.

My fist collided with Reece's jaw and I heard a popping noise. Savannah gasped and I heard her running towards us.

When I felt her small hands on my arm, I turned back and stared at her. She gulped and her eye showed fear. I immediately softened and watched Reece run away to his car and drive away.

I gripped savannah's left cheek in my hand. "Are you okay?" I asked, full of worry. She didn't say or do anything. She whimpered slightly and looked down. "You didn't have to." She said, quieter than a whisper.

"I wasn't just going to let him slap you like that." I reassured. She closed her eyes for a brief moment before opening fresh, tearful eyes. Her eyes shined a brilliant blue as they shimmered with tears.

I didn't even think, I just pulled Savannah into a bone-crushing hug and rested my chin on the top of her head.

"Thank you." She whispered and wrapped her petite hands around my back  and slightly squeezed.

"For what?" I asked. "Reece is a jerk, thanks for putting some sense into him." She said and sniffled. I nodded my head and looked at her. "You okay?" I asked as I saw her eyes rimming with fresh tears.

"Why are you helping me?" She asked just above a whisper. I pursed my lips and looked down to her. "Because a little kitten like you shouldn't be getting hurt." I said and stroked her cheek, the spot where Reece slapped her.

"Kitten?" She asked and looked questioningly up at me as the rain cleared.

"Yes, my little kitten." I repeated. "Your little kitten?" She asked and tilted her head.

"Yes, all mine."