Stress

Hunter POV

I tried to think of anywhere my uncle would be. He wouldn't bring her to his house, that was too easy. Plus, I already checked there and bus mother had answered the door, saying she had been visiting for the week and he had gone out to work. But, from what i remember, he didn't have a job. So, he must be with savannah.

I just hope she was okay. And, boy, uncle was dead when I found them.

Getting the police involved was useless. So instead,  i walked outside and got into my pick up and began to drive to my buddy Tyler's house. I knocked on the door when I got there and his mother opened the door.

"May I help you, Hunter?" His mother asked. She's always hated me for some reason. "Yeah, is Ty home?" I asked, trying to see behind her.

"Is that Hunter?" The voice of Tyler from somewhere upstairs. His mother sighed and moved over, letting me into the house. I walked up the stairs and straight to Tyler's room. "Sup, man." Tyler greeted and went to greet by giving me that handshake thing pat on the back, but I just rubbed the back of my neck is frustration. "Is this about the girl Blake said you found? He said you 'found the one'. " Tyler asked and I nodded. "More liked lost the one. My uncle..." I trailed off and Tyler understood immediately.

"That b*stard!" Tyler grunted and I agreed. "What are we gonna do?" He asked and I scratched my forehead. "that's what I need help with." I stated sheepishly and he patted me on the back.

"We'll get her back, man. Don't you worry." Tyler reminded me but I wasn't so sure. My uncle was a devious and intelligent person. I could only hope and hope that what Tyler was saying was true.

"Did you check his house?" Tyler asked and I nodded, beginning to pace the room. "His old house?" Tyler asked and I reminded him he's never moved, and that my grandparents lived in our childhood home. "Work place?"

"He doesn't have a job." I stated and Tyler sighed, himself begging to pace the room. "Where the hell could he be!?" I shouted in frustration and put my face into my hands.

"Think, Hunter. Her life is on the line. She could die any second. She's probably starving, dehydrated. She's on the last moments of her life." Tyler smirked and I raised my fist at him. Suddenly, it clicked in my mind.

"Tyler." I breathed, lowering my fist. His smirk deepened and he crossed his arms casually. "My work here is done." He smiled and I took deep breaths.

"I know where she is. Tyler, I owe you her life. But, your come with me for backup." I explained and he nodded. He opened a drawer to his desk and pulled out a gun. "Ready." He stated and I smirked. Uncle was gonna be sorry.

"So, where exactly is the girl?" Tyler asked as we bombarded down the stairs and out to my truck. "My uncle has a warehouse out in Maine. It's where he went for last summer and the summer before that. He made a joke, saying if he ever kidnapped someone that's where he would bring them, for sure." I explained and Tyler nodded. 

I found myself driving through red lights and speeding, needing to get to my kitten. I pulled off the highway, and on to the dirt roads, to reduce the chance of getting caught speeding but the police. To ride to Maine would take 6 hours. I just hoped my kitten could pull through until then.
—•—

"No no no no! Tyler, this can't be happening." I grunted as I watched the little arrow point to the E. I slammed my fist on the steering wheel, causing the horn to honk. We had been driving for 2 hours, and now my gas decided to run out.

"F*ck !" I screamed in pure frustration and hopelessness.

"Hunter, where's the nearest town?" Tyler asked, also seeming frustrated. "About half a mile that way." I told him with my head in my hands, letting angry tears pour down my face.

"Then we better get walking." He sighed and I turned to look at him.

"Then what? We didn't bring any money to rent a car. And walking back with some gas would just take more time." I seethed through anger. That's when Tyler pulled out a stack of cash clipped together from his pocket.

"Didn't bring what now?" He mocked, cocking a smirk. "Seriously, bro. I came prepared."

"God, Tyler. How will I repay you?" I said in relief and he shrugged. "That's not important right now, Hunt." He stated and got out of the truck. We began to walk towards the town.

"Actually." He started and I turned to look at him. "There is one thing you can do to repay me." He said and I promoted him to go on. "Don't break the girls heart." He said with a serious look.

"I don't plan on it." I replied and he smiled.

"I also hope to be expecting a wedding invitation, when the time comes. Then, I'll be repaid." He added and I nodded.

"Deal."