Chapter 16

Feel free to check out my other works, "Whenever You Remember" and "Sami's Kisses" .. I feel like you'll enjoy them :)

Dedication: star113 because she commented on like almost every single chapter of this story, and each of her comments completely made my day and entertained me and I just adored them. THANK YOU! You are awesome! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

🍦Hayden Marvel

When I entered Trey's house for the first time, the smell of delicious cookies hit me immediately. And if my amazing smelling skills are correct, they're snicker doodle.

Yummy.

The next thing I noticed was how homey his house seemed. There were pictures along the wall going up the staircase, and every room that I could see seemed to just be filled with..something good. I noticed a picture of Trey on the mantle. And he was so adorable! His cheeks were chubby and his hair was slightly more blond. He appeared to be about three or four years old. I was about to tell him how cute he was in the picture, but something else caught my attention.

I was surprised by a large dog that came up and jumped on me. Subconsciously, I took a small step back and lightly grabbed Trey's arm as his dog assaulted me. Another perk to being short: it's easy for dogs to smear their saliva all over your face. It's seriously gross.

Trey chuckled, "Don't worry, he won't hurt you. He likes you." He told me while petting his dog, releasing me from his offense. I stood their awkwardly whole Trey gave his dog some living man-dog attention. Is that even a phrase? It sounds weird.

He looked up at me from where he was kneeling on the ground, "Ate you alright? You're acting like you've never seen a dog in your life," he joked.

I shrugged, still feeling strange in this situation, "I've never had one. Is this not the normal way to act around dogs?" Okay, so the last part was sarcastic.

Trey raised his eyebrows, "Never?" I shook my head. "How?"

"Too much of a responsibility for parents who aren't around I guess." Trey didn't have time to respond, as a medium sized, fluffy dog came running in and jumping on me.

Trey came to my defense, trying to get the dog off me, but I was hit with a giggle fit that made him stop. I couldn't help it, have you ever had that feeling when an utterly cute dog is showering you with excitement, and their excitement just rubs off on you? Yeah, that's happening to me.

"What?" Trey asked curiously with a half smile on his face.

"I don't even know!" I burst out and his dog caused me to drop to my knees and pet her. It didn't take long for Trey to join my laughter as we played with his dogs.

"Trey? Is that you?" I heard a feminine voice call from down the hall. Then, a tall slender woman appeared. I instantly knew it was Trey's mom, because they looked so much alike. She smiled when she saw us. "Oh who's this?" She said with a mischievous glint in her eye.

I noticed Trey give his mom a look before saying, "Mom, this is Hayden, Hayden Marvel. And this is my mom, you can call her Stacey though."

In all honesty, I was slightly nervous to be meeting his mom. I hid it well though as I extended my hand to shake hers, "Nice to meet you." I said with a smile.

"Marvel..that sounds familiar. Is your father by chance a surgeon?" She asked me.

I nodded, "Yeah he is. How'd you know?"

"Well my husband had surgery about six months ago, and his surgeon's last name was Marvel! He's doing very well now, the surgery was really a miracle."