Epilogue

EPILOGUE

Please read A/N at the bottom!

----->

Check out the gorgeous cover in the EXTERNAL LINK on the side, made by WeAreInfinitex. Dedication goes out to her for making the cover and being so patient while I took ages to put it up! So so sorry!

Also on the side, picture of Hayden's wedding dress. I think it fits her character!

~~~~~~

Seven years later

I stirred my decaf vanilla latte outside my favorite little coffeehouse in town. As there always seems to be these days, there's a content and permanent smile etched onto my face. I'm just happy. There's no reason not to be. To me, it seems like in every person's life there comes a time where everything just seems to be falling in to place. And for the first time in my twenty five years of existence, I feel like every little piece of my life is exactly where it should be.

Thinking back seven years to my high school days, if someone had told me that six years after graduating, I would be back in my hometown with my first love STILL as my boyfriend, I probably would have laughed at the pure ridiculousness of those words

However, at the ripe age of twenty four, that was exactly the case, with Trey Parker still being my boyfriend.

Oh scratch that, I meant fiancé. That silver diamond band on my left ring finger is proof of that, and is a constant reminder of how lucky I am to be engaged to a man so perfectly suited for myself.

Before I get in that that whole ordeal, I'll catch you up on all that's happened in the last seven years. Because let me just say that a lot has changed..for the good.

Trey, Lilly, Claire, Seth, and Drew all graduated a few months after Trey and I became an exclusive couple, and a month after I turned seventeen. Needless to say, I was pretty upset to be saying goodbye to all my friends. Senior year was looking bleak and positively dreadful without having my best friends and my boyfriend by my side.

Trey ended up getting offered a basketball scholarship to a great university. I say it's because the Hillside Varsity Basketball Team was the runner up state championship team, but Trey says he only got accepted because of all the help I gave him with trigonometry and Spanish. He claims that without my help, he wouldn't have even received the scholarship offer because his grades weren't up to standards. I say pish posh to that.

Did I mention Trey's school was seven and a half hours away and in another state? Well it was. We had a series of serious discussions on what would happen between us, and Trey told me he had decided to go to a local community college for a year and wait for me to graduate so we could go to college together. But naturally, I didn't allow that. He had an incredible scholarship offer, and I would be the worst girlfriend in the world if I was the reason he didn't take it.

So he did, after another long series of intense discussions. I didn't want to be the desperate one and come out and say it first, but there was no way I wanted to break up when he left for college. I knew that the odds weren't in our favor. After all, the couples who try to keep their relationship end up breaking up by the infamous 'breaks-giving.' Something inside me was sure though that if me and Trey tried, we could make it.

Thankfully, Trey was the first to come out and say how he felt. Trey spoke in a way that assured me he was very confident in what we had, and he knew we could make it work together. His determination to keep our relationship made me beyond happy, because I know I couldn't have let it go.