Chapter 30: The Tell All Ending

All the teenage girls surrounding them leave after getting all of their signatures. Trish snags one of the magazines from a passing girl and tells her to get lost when she tries to get it back. 

"Ally, who's that on the cover with you?" Trish asks, pointing at it.

"I'm not even sure that's me on the cover!" Ally exclaims, staring at it herself. It looked like her, but there was something about it that definitely didn't completely make it look like her. 

"Ally, it looks almost exactly like you!" Austin says. Dez snatches the magazine from Ally's hands.

"Now, wait. Look at Ally. And look at this girl in the photo. They're obviously two different people. The nose on the girl here doesn't even match Ally's nose. And the hair is so outdated. When was the last time Ally had blonde tips? Her hair is just brown now!" Dez says with a smile. 

"I think Dez just cracked the code. I knew there was a brain somewhere in that red head of yours." Austin says. Dez's smile alters and he frowns at Austin. "Don't you know what this means? Cheetah Beat was lying! You don't even know this guy!"

"You guys, that's crazy! Why would they photo shop me with some random stranger? Though I can't say I wouldn't mind getting to know this guy. Wow!" Ally says, holding the magazine and staring at the guy on the front. Austin takes it away and glares at her. "But of course he's nothing compared to you!"

"Mhm. So what is this?" Austin says, staring at the magazine with a keen eye.

"I think Cheetah Beat needed something for their cover that would catch readers' eyes. I read in an article that they were losing readers and they needed ideas for something new." Ally says.

"So they decided to just photoshop a picture of you with some random guy? I feel like that's a lot of work just for a magazine cover." Trish says.

"Yeah...you're right. But what are you gonna do about it?" Ally smiles and signs the magazine, handing it to one of the girls. Austin, Trish and Dez exchange glances and shrug. They sign other magazines and merch and the teenage girls thank them and walk away. The four friends walk the opposite way towards the restaurant.

"Aren't you bothered that your face was on that magazine?" Austin asks Ally.

She smiles. "Not really. If they want to use me for their benefit, then so be it. I made a decision a few days ago within myself."

"What would that be?" Trish asks. They are seated and Austin sits across from Ally as Dez sits across from Trish.

"School is almost over and I won't have to worry about anything for a while. I was offered a job at a recording studio as a music producer and songwriter. I'm going to attend Berklee College of Music in Boston." Ally says.

"What?" Trish says, shocked.

"You're leaving?" Austin asks.

"Well, yeah. I can't stay in Miami forever. But I'm not leaving until after we finish the first season of Ross and Laura. After that, I'm off to Boston for college and my first job..." Ally looks down.

Dez smiles. "I think that's wonderful Ally. You get to fulfill your dreams. And I for one will support you."

"Thanks, Dez. That's sweet of you." Ally smiles.

"Yeah, me, too. I am your best friend and I will support you...I'm just going to have to visit Boston more often."

"Thanks, Trish." She gives her friend a tight hug. Austin stayed silent the whole time. He didn't know what to feel about it. His girlfriend was making the choice to just leave him and her home behind.