Chapter 1

Alexis' Point of View

I looked down at my arms.. I knew what i had been doing to myself wasn't good for me nor should i be doing it, but i couldn't stop myself. I hated what i was. I hated that i was alive and they weren't. I felt like no one cared whether i lived or died. My father was never home anymore, and my older brother was always out. The only person in my life that seemed to somewhat care about me was our housekeeper, Emma, but she hadn't been here for the last week. I sighed to myself and pulled my sleeves down. It seemed like i was always wearing long sleeves lately to hide my scars and the fresh cuts that i had inflicted upon myself. I jumped and closed my eyes. The door opened and closed. It was either my older brother or Emma. I was hoping it was either of them and not my father getting home early. I didn't really want to see him right now. He hadn't been the same since it had happened.

"Alexis Jane!!" Emma yelled out from downstairs.

"Coming Ems!" I smiled at myself in the mirror, and i ran out of my room straight down the stairs, throwing my arms around her.

"Jesus, Lexi, I was only gone for a week!" She giggled and wrapped her arms around me, pulling me into a tight hug.

"It felt like an eternity!" I squealed and threw my arms up all dramatically.

Emma rolled her eyes, laughing, as she disappeared down the hallway to her bedroom to put her bags away. I hopped up onto the counter and grabbed a handful of M&Ms from the candy dish. It had been empty so i suppose that Ems must have filled it as soon as she was back. I was thankful she had. Chocolate was amazing, but i didn't need it. Eh, oh well. I popped a few into my mouth and smiled at her as she came in. Em rolled her eyes at me for being on the counter. Usually she would have demanded i got down, but i guess she had grown used to me not listening. Afterall, i always sat up here and watched her cook when i was a little girl. She would be the one who'd pick me up and put me here. The only time she'd make me stay off was when my mum would complain.

"We have company coming over tonight, love!" Emma smiled at me as she started pulling out some pots and pans.

"You only just got back! Why? WHO?"

"I thought since Louis wasn't going to be home, and i know you haven't walked your lazy little butt across the street to meet the family that just moved in over the week that i would do the polite and neighborly thing."

I jumped off the counter and looked out the window. "Someone moved in?"

Emma shook her head at me. "Exactly my point." She laughed at me. "They said yes, by the way. They will be here in a few hours." She wrinkled her nose up at me.

"What?" I sniffed my clothes. Did i stink?

"You might want to go take a shower."

"Why? They're just random strangers that moved in across the road!"

"She's got a cute son!"

That was all it took for me. I ran straight up the stairs and hopped in the shower. I hoped he wasn't weird.

Ashton's Point of View

My mother knocked at my door. "Come in mum!" I yelled, putting my drum sticks down.

"We have plans with the lovely neighbors across the street!"

I look at her confused. "Mum, there is no one there."

My mother shook her head. "Someone lives there. Her name's Emma, and she invited us for dinner tonight. You're going so call the boys and tell them that you'll be late to practice tonight."

"But..."

"Oh, and put some pants on!" She walked out, not giving me time to protest anymore.

I grabbed my cellphone and tried to call the guys, but none of them answered. Great. I guess i would just be late yet again without warning them. No biggy, right? It would only be the fourth time in the past week. I heard my mother moving around downstairs. I knew that if i didn't hurry, she'd be right back up here, and this time, she'd be yelling at me. I ran my fingers through my hair and decided to just put on a beanie. I wouldn't have time to fix my hair, and there wasn't much i could do for it right now without a shower. I grabbed a t-shirt, a pair of skinnys, and my converses. I threw them on. I heard my mum climbing back up the stairs and rolled my eyes. I dramatically threw myself out the door and against the wall opposite my door. I smiled my cheeky smile at her causing her to roll her eyes and laugh at me. I pulled my hoodie on and ran down the stairs after her.

My mum handed me the cake that she insisted upon bringing. I kept my headphones in until she opened the door. They kind of just fell out when i saw her, but i wasn't worried. She was breathtaking. How could one girl be so amazingly beautiful. Her blue eyes were so captivating that i didn't even notice that i was standing outside alone.

"Are you going to just stand there?" She smiled at me twirling a strand of her hair.

I blushed slightly, looking down, hiding it from her. I didn't understand why i was feeling this way. I had just met this girl, but she had me so intrigued in her existence. I hesitated to move forward, afraid that i would faceplant. My knees felt like they were shakey and weak, but i managed to get inside, and she closed the door behind me.

"I'm Ashton.." I finally managed to get out after we had been sitting on the couch awkwardly watching tv.

"Lexi!" She smiled at me repositioning herself on the couch sideways looking directly at me.

I just looked at her. She was extremely beautiful. I had never seen a girl that took my breath away the way she did. I wanted to know more about her. I wanted to be closer to her. I had a sudden urge to kiss her, but i wouldn't allow myself to do it.

"Dinner, kids!" My thoughts were broken by Emma's voice.

"Come on, Ashton, let's go eat! I'm sure your starving."

I followed her into the dining room, and i took the seat beside her.

After dinner, my mom helped Emma clean up the kitchen, and Lexi and i walked outback together.

"So.. I was wondering if you'd like to go to practice with me?"

She turned and looked at me, confused. "Practice? At night? What on earth sport do you play?"

I grinned at her. "I'm in a band."

She blushed slightly. "Oh.. Sure."

I smiled and went and told my mom and asked Emma if she could go. I got permission and waited for her to come back down the stairs.

~~~~ Sorry that it was short and uneventful, but it is the first offical fanfic that i have ever written before. I hope you all like it. Please review it and let me know what you think?(:~~