Chapter 8

Ashton's POV

I smiled down at Lexi and just took her hand in mine. It was time for us and everyone else to go out to take our spots for the show. I wasn't prepared for the reaction to Molly from our fans, but what was i to do? I lead her on out in front of everyone, i knew they were following anyways. There were so many shouts coming from the people in the front when they saw me. I just waved and smiled at them, stopping to take a few photos. They were all confused and asking why i wasn't with the band. I didn't reply.

"ASHTON!" Lexi yelled over the shouts.

"What?"

"WHO ARE YOU!?"

"We're 5 Seconds Of Summer, love."

She just stared at me. She really didn't know who we were at all. "You must be a big deal..."

I shrugged. "I suppose so."

She smiled brightly at me and stood up on her tiptoes and kissed me. I smiled into the kiss, wrapping my arms around her waist, deeping it. She wrapped her arms around my neck. Someone snapped a picture and the sound of the flash snapped her out of it. She looked around at the girl that had taken the photo and blushed brightly. I just laughed.

"You're too cute, baby!" I kissed the top of her head, wrapping my arms around her waist from behind.

The girls behind us kept trying to talk to Lexi like they were the other girlfriends. Our fans knew Erin, Becky, and Becca extremely well. They were so open to them. It was so cute how they supported them, but i just didn't want them involved in this relationship. The last ones i had were destroyed by the fans, and i wanted this to work with Alexis more than anything else in my entire life.

"HEY! WE'RE 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER!!" Michael yelled over the microphone once they were all positioned on the stage.

They set off into Lost Boy, and the amount of boos and negative comments towards Molly was unbearable. I hoped she couldn't hear any of it up there from the drums, but by the look on her face, she could do just the opposite. She was hearing everything. I couldn't believe the negativity that OUR FANS were giving her. Michael had tried to tell Calum that they weren't going to be happy, but he didn't listen. I couldn't let this go on, but what was i to do?

"Ashton, do something.. She's about to cry!" Lexi yelled up at me, pouting.

I sighed and turned to Erin. "Keep her safe.."

Erin moved closer to Lexi and started singing and dancing around her. I chuckled at them. They were getting so close, and that made me so happy. I wanted the girls to like her, but i didn't think that would ever happen between Becca and her. By the time i got around to the gate to go backstage, Molly had already bolted from the stage. I got back there, and she had her back to me, I could tell by the shakes going through her body that she was crying. I touched her shoulder.

"I..I.. I can't do this anymore, Ashton.." She looked at me, her face wet from her tears.

I bit my lip. "I'm so sorry that Calum put you through this." I hugged her tightly.

She pulled away and pulled out her cellphone, texting someone. "I just asked my mum to come and get me. I'm done here. Tell Calum I'm sorry for ruining his show, but you go fix it. Go play." She handed me my drumsticks and ran off.

I watched her go. I sighed and closed my eyes, taking deep breathes, relaxing. I needed to prepare myself. I hadn't even had a soundcheck or a warmup. I hoped i would be alright. I smiled. Alexandria was actually going to get to see me play for the first time.. I was more nervous than i expected i would be... I smiled to myself and ran up on the stage, finishing up the concert.