Chapter 13

Calum's POV

I drove up beside that girl's car. She wasn't in it. I spotted her running down towards the woods. There was something burning. I couldn't quite make out what it was, but the speed she was running, told me it was serious. I took off down the hill, and I ran into the woods behind her.

"Somebody help me!!" I heard Ashton shouting.

The small building he was in was in flames. I looked around for something to break the look off the door with. I found a big limb and somehow broke off the lock.

"Come on!" I yanked the door open, grabbing Ashton's arm.

"I can't leave without..."

As he said that, a beam fell between the where he stood and where he was looking back. I didn't see anyone, but he must've.

"Ashton, this thing is going to cave in! We got to go!!!" I shouted at him.

"I'm not leaving Lex!!!"

I watched him climb over the beam that was in flames, and he picked her up, carrying her out.

"ASHTON!!" The girl shouted at him and immediately started beating at his pants.

"We need a hospital right now."

Ashton laid Lexi down on the hood of my car, and he passed out. I called paramedics, and I let that girl leave without any hesitation. Without her, my best friend and his girl would've been dead.

Becca's POV

"Calum, please, just listen to me.."

"Fuck you! We almost lost Ashton and Lexi because of your fucking ass!"

"I had no fucking clue that Jade was going to do what she did!!"

"You should have never fucking took her there!"

My eyes were burning with tears. Didn't my boyfriend understand that I hated myself enough already as it was over this. I never in a million years imagined that girl would've hurt her like this.

"Cal, I'm sorry, okay!?"

"Whatever. I can't do this anymore! I can't be with someone like you!! It's over, Becca!?!"

He hung the phone up before I could protest it any longer, but I knew that honestly there was no point. I had lost him for good this time, and there was no one to blame for myself. I never intended for Lexi to get kidnapped. I never intended for her to even get hurt in anyway. I just thought Jade was going to talk to her, and she might've threatened her a bit, but nothing compared to what this crazy bitch had done. She was fucking insane!!

I say down on the end of my bed, and I let my body just tumble back onto it until I was lying flat. I closed my eyes, and I thought about all the good moments that I had shared with my dearest Calum. I thought about all of the previous fights we had together. I found myself wishing that we could have many more fights, but I knew this would be our last fight. He was done with me. Why wouldn't he be? I had lied to him so many times. I had gotten his best friend almost murdered. I knew this was exactly what I deserved.

Tears were streaming down my cheeks, and I couldn't stop them. My heart was broken, and I thought it couldn't get worse, but my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Becca, our friendship is over! I don't want to be friends with someone like you. Everyone else agrees. You're not welcome in our group anymore. Find new friends." It was Becky, my best friend, telling me that literally all of my friends wanted me out of their lives.