End of An Alliance

Tech helped Lexi walk down the hall, looking for any sign to where Ace went. They search every connecting hallway, and every door they led to. But as they were coming back, disappointed, they saw a small group of people crowding around a door.

"What's going on here?" Tech asked as he and Lexi walked up carefully. "Professor! One of your old friends walked in his quarters, and I think something's wrong with him!" The old lady said, scared. It got quiet, as he tried to listen.

Suddenly, they heard crashing. Like wood breaking on wood. And other things being broken. "Alright alright. Everyone clear out! Go back to your rooms!" Tech ordered. Still curious, they listened. Within seconds, they were all gone.

But it only made the destroyed stuff sound louder. "Lexi, you probably need to go in." Tech said. She gave him a strange look in response. "I know it sounds crazy, but you can calm him down. I think I may just piss him off even more." Tech explained his decision.

"Alright... I got this." She took a deep breath. She slowly turned the knob, and opened the door. "Ace....?" She easily questioned as she slowly stepped through. She saw him on his knees, slouching, facing away from here.

But her eyes suddenly went to the room. Everything in it was destroyed. Well, nearly everything. There was wood clippings, shards of glass, destroyed objects everywhere. "Oh my god.." She gasped to herself. She shut the door then limped over to Ace.

She got to her knees as well, and got beside him. "What is.. All this??" She asked in shock. Ace didn't want to speak. But he didn't want to ignore her either. "I just... I was... I-I!!!" His words got more aggressive. He stood up, then grabbed a chair. Before she knew it, Ace completely slammed it against the wall.

She was almost terrified, but felt bad. "Why are you doing this Ace... This isn't you. You never lose your cool.." She said quietly, with a destroyed look. "But it is me to get you shot again.." She said as he dropped back to his knees in sorrow.

Her eyes bolted open. "This is because.. Of me?" She asked. Ace looked at her. He had bags under his eyes, and looked like he went to hell and back. Even though they both just survived a firefight. "I did it again, Lexi... I did it again.." He sounded like he wanted to cry.

She grabbed his head, and pulled him in to her chest. "But Ace, look at me! I wouldn't be alive without you!" She said. Ace has heard that way to many times. "But you wouldn't have been shot. We've been over this Lexi." He said slightly sternly.

"Yes, we have. So you should know I'm completely fine. And that you are still the hero you were so long ago." She tried to outweigh his argument. He didn't say anything. "You know why..?" She questioned. He just looked at her with half closed eyes.

"Because you're still Ace. Leader of the Loonatics." She smiled. He turned his head. "The best part about that is... We need a leader. And we need one now, more than ever." She stood up. "And remember", she walked halfway through the door, "The Loonatics are finally back together." She smiled, then easily shut the door.

Ace still sat on his knees, speechless. He didn't know what to say or do. But he knew one thing. She was right. And he knew so.
---------------------------------------------

As Lexi walked back to Tech's lab, she heard multiple yells. That sounded like a crowd. And she could pin point Tech and another person yelling at each other. Which was rare to hear Tech yell. Worried, she picked up her pace, but trying not to fall down.

As se heard the crowd get to its loudest point, she knew it was down the thick and long hallway. But it got louder the more she jogged easily. She saw a big open indoor area, with a whole group of people circling around something. It was so loud, that it nearly cancelled out Tech's voice through her sonic hearing.

"You ignorant bastard!!!" She heard Tech scream. Lexi quickly shoved through the Fight Club-like circle, and saw Tech being held back by three men. Another older man was being held back as well. "Your kind is no longer welcomed here, animal!!" The man yelled.

"DON'T CALL ME ANIMAL!!!!" Tech finally screamed with fury. He head butted the men holding him back, then ran at the old man. But something about him different to Lexi. She saw his eyes glowing green, but he wasn't using his magnetic ability.

He got on all fours, and starting dashing towards the strong man as fast as he could. "STOP!!!" Lexi yelled, as she broke into the circle. She tried to make it before Tech would claw that man's eyes out. She stopped barely in time. She had an arm span length between the two.

Silence filled the room as Tech stopped, but kept the same pissed to the extreme expression. "What the hell is going on here!!!" Lexi yelled, breaking the silence. Everyone looked at the man. "The best friend I ever had is on intensive care because you led the enemy to us!!" He yelled right in her face.

Lexi didn't know what to say. She was speechless. "And you're about to join him.." Tech growled. When Lexi heard that, she couldn't believe her ears. Hearing Tech... Threaten to kill someone. "Tech.. What's going on with you..?" Lexi said, scared.

He stared at her, but had the same look. "This isn't you! You were about to kill this man!!" Lexi said in fear. Tech stood back up on his feet, and glared at her. "Things have changed Lexi.... Shit, happens." He said, looked passed her. "Calm. Down." Lexi said, stopping him from walking towards the man any further.

His eyes restored color, as he turned around, walking away. "You pests belong in a zoo.." The man then mumbled. Tech stopped where he stood. His anger once again flowed through his boiling blood. He quickly turned around, and pounced on the man with his glowing green eyes.

"AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!" The man yelled in fear, as Tech tore his sharp teeth into the man's arm. "TECH!!!" Lexi yelled. She ran back towards them, trying to rip him off. She got him in a headlock, and pulled him off with great force.

Gasps and screams filled the room. They watched the blood flow out of his arm like a waterfall. "He attacked him.." A person whispered in fear. "Animals!!! Kill them!!" A big black man yelled with his gun drawn. A smaller group scattered to detain the two Loonatics.

Tech and Lexi got back to back, ready to kick some ass. But as soon as Lexi got ready to punch, she felt the shooting pain from the wound. She yelped, and fell to her knees. "Lexi!" Tech said fearfully. He dropped beside her, ready to defend her.

"Take their heads off!!!" A yell was heard. The smaller group around them, then separated by the big black man. He threw his gun down, and pulled out a large red sword. You could see the heat glow orange around the edges. "Choppin time, freaks!!" He smiled, and lifted the sword up.

Lexi and Tech didn't want to admit it, but they were defenseless. All they could do now, was wait out their death. They heard the swoosh of the sword, in fear. But, then they felt the air of it stop, with a loud clanking sound. Hesitant, they both looked up.

"Sorry doc, but the only one bout to get their ass kicked, is you."