Fourteen

August 11th...

August

"Where the fuck are you? ! I have been calling you all night! It's six o'clock in the morning!" I cringed as Teyanna screeched into the phone.

I was pulling off from in front of Kayjah's crib while wiping crud from my eyes.

"Baby, I am so sorry. I got drunk and passed out at Deuce's crib. I'm on my way."

She said, "Okay, August," but it was with a whole lot of attitude. I knew she was pissed.

"I'll be home in a few minutes."

She hung up without saying another word. I knew that she had been up all night because she was calling me all night.

After fucking Kayjah, I dozed off. Admittedly, that girl had worn me out. I showed her how much I missed it too- all night.

I couldn't blame it on liquor, because I hadn't had one drop to drink. I honestly loved fucking that girl, and she knew that.

If she was willing to fuck me knowing about Teyanna, that was on her. The other bitch willing to fuck me knowing about Teyanna, Keke, was calling me nonstop all night as well.

She probably saw that my car wasn't outside all night and decided to see what I was on. That bitch was really getting on my nerves. Every few days she was at me for a few dollars and some of Mr.Classy.

It only took her one time to insinuate that she would tell my girl for me to know that she was capable of doing so.

But once me and Teyanna closed on the house in Algiers next week, we would be outta there soon and I wouldn't have to fuck with that trifling bitch Keke no more.

"Hands on the car!" I had gotten out of my car and made it to the curb when two detectives came out of nowhere with guns drawn.

I put my hands up right away. When I turned around to put my hands on the hood of my whip, one of them started searching me.

"Are you August Alsina?"

"Yeah, man."

"I need you to come down to the station with us for questioning."

Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Keke in her living room window looking outside. I made an obvious gesture towards the top floor, hoping that she had sense enough to know that that meant to tell Teyanna what she saw.

After frisking me, they let me stand up on my own and were a lot less aggressive.

"Questioning for What? The taller one answered, "Terrell Jones." I made a face like I didn't even know who that was, but they weren't buying it and escorted me toward the station.

***

Teyanna

I couldn't understand why Keke was banging on my door at damn near seven in the morning and yelling my name.

Good thing I was up anyway waiting on Aug to come home. When I opened the door, she barged in frantically.

"Girl, the police just took August!"

"WHAT?!"

"Go look out the window!"

I rushed to the living room window with Keke close behind me. I could see a cop car pulling off.

I recognized him in the backseat.

"Oh my God!" I slumped down onto the couch with my hands covering my face.