Six.

Jared in the mm^^

Teyanna

"Where you been all night, August?!"

I couldn't believe this smug son of a bitch had the nerve to walk his ass in the house at four o'clock in the fucking morning.

"I am so sick of this shit!" I was standing right at the door yelling at the top of my lungs.

I'd met him there because I was wide awake when I heard his keys in the door. I had been lying awake all night tossing, turning, and wondering what girl he was up in.

Bet it was some ratchet bitch.

Like a typical nigga, August ignored me. He actually walked around me as I stood in the middle of the floor wearing my bra, panties, and a head scarf.

I remembered a time that he couldn't ignore me when I had clothes on, much less with my clothes off, so that pissed me off even more and made me sick to my stomach.

"Why don't we just get a divorce?"

Now that got his attention. Stopping in his tracks and turning to face me, he said, "Stop overreactin'."

"This is not over reaction, August! You been in and out this motherfucka all day and at all times of night. I'm already up to here with the bitches! Now here you go again!" Tears were falling by now.

They weren't for him. I was disappointed because after all the praying I had done the night before, asking God for a sign, I was terribly disappointed that this... this was my sign.

"This ain't got nothin' to do wit' bitches!"

"How come it doesn't?!"

Frustrated, August made an about-face and continued walking towards the bedroom. I was on his heels, allowing my frustrations to come out in tears that were begging for my man to love me like he use to again, and for me to finally become somebody worth loving.

"I know you're fucking somebody, August. You're doing the same things you use to do; coming in late, not paying me any attention, canceling plans. She must be a bad bitch too 'cause, unlike the other times, you ain't even fucking me."

He smacked his lips as he took off his shirt. "Man, what the fuck are you talkin' 'bout?"

There we were; two young people, naked and supposedly in love. But instead of making passionate love, we were fighting like cats and dogs.

With a cynical giggle and shake of my head, I spat, "See? You so far up in this bitch that you don't even realize that you haven't fucked your woman in a month."

He wanted to argue with me, but he couldn't. He thought about what I said and realized that I was right.

Now that I had his attention, he needed to know that I was at my wits end.

"August, I can't do this no more. I love you to death. I have been with you for all of my life, seems like. But I am already in a bad state of mind. I don't have a job. I can't get into school."

Even though I had gone through this time and time again, just mentioning the pathetic state of my being made me cry even harder.

"I can't take you treating me like this on top of all of that!" I was crying hysterically at this point.

I couldn't understand why life was this way; why I couldn't get ahead and why I couldn't be happy. I felt like, as he was obviously making moves to improve, I was bringing August down.

As I sat on the bed crying into the palm of my hands, I felt him sit beside me and put his arm around me.