Thirteen

August 10th...

Teyanna

This baby seemed to be changing my man for the better. I knew better than to think that a baby would fix or keep a man.

But ever since August found out that I was pregnant, he was becoming more and more the man of my dreams.

He was attentive and affectionate. He seemed way more focused on this relationship than ever before.

I still prayed, asking God to make this a permanent change in him.

"You like it, baybeh?"

He looked at me anxiously, waiting for an answer .

"Yes. There isn't anything not to like," I said as I smiled at Gina, one of August's mom's friends and a realtor.

I looked around the living room of the vacant two story brick home. There was nothing overly spectacular about it, but it was nice.

What was spectacular, however, was that August was very eagerly prepared to buy it for us. I had to force the tears back that were trying desperately to appear and fall.

Beyond being overly emotional because I was five months pregnant, seeing the motivation in him to make me and this baby comfortable and happy was making me feel some kinda way.

I was definitely in my feelings as he took me by the hand and followed the realtor around the home from bedroom to bedroom, kitchen to bathroom, and from the living room to the dining room, and then the basement.

I loved the hardwood floors throughout the house. I adored the second bedroom that would be the baby's room.

I appreciated the third bedroom that him say my mother would use while staying there to help out with the baby once it was born.

I liked the backyard. I imagined Keke visiting with her kids and our kids playing back there in the summer.

But what I loved about the house was that it would be our house.

"We can put a playground in the yard. It's even big enough for me to put a pool back here. Once the baby is big enough, it would love swimming in the summer. We'd all love it."

That was it!

As he spoke, holding my hand and staring into the yard, I completely broke down.

As I cried into my free hand, Gina got concerned.

"What's wrong, Teyanna?! Are you okay?"

"Baybeh, what's wrong?!"

Embarrassed, I wiped my tears and tried to get it together. But I couldn't.

My tears flowed so profusely from my eyes. I even began to sob in happiness and joy. I couldn't believe that my life had gotten to that point.

At that very moment I felt like I had been praying and asking God for a miracle, and finally, finally, He granted my wish.

I was so appreciative.

"What's wrong?" August hugged me as he tried to console me.

"I'm just happy, baby."

Hearing that everything was okay , Gina giggled and said, "I will go into the house and give you all some privacy."

Gina went back into the house as we stayed on the back deck, holding one another as I cried tears of joy into his chest.