Chapter Seven

~John~

It took awhile to explain everything to his Dad. John told him that, as the new kid, he got into a fight and that Dave came over and helped him out with the bullies. He tried not to explain what they called him, or how much Dave beat them up. He left that part out.

Afterwards John lead Dave to his bathroom. Dave sat on the edge of the bathtub and John rummaged through some drawers to find rubbing alcohol and bandaids.

Dave was just sitting there, grinning with a stupid look on his face.

"What?" John was puzzled.

Dave pulled John onto his lap and ran his hand through his hair. John smiled. He felt warm, and tingly. You can't describe the feeling of being in the arms of someone you...

Love?

John pushed the thought away, and let himself melt in Dave's arms.

Dave started humming this song John had never heard before. But Dave's voice was so deep and soft, he wished he would actually sing.

"Sing for me?"

Dave looked surprised and shook his head, "Nah. I'm not that great, maybe later."

John frowned, "Whatever."

Dave started to take John's shirt off. John pushed his arms away, alarmed.

"What the hell do you think you're doing!?"

"You're bleeding through your shirt, lemme clean you up."

John nodded and took his shirt off. Dave took a rag and dabbed it gently on John's wounds. There was one on his chest, and others on his face, his arms were brused and knuckles bleeding.

"Shit. That stings."

"God, you baby." Dave started blowing on his cuts after he cleaned then, "Better?"

John nodded and Dave chuckled to himself.

John couldn't help but notice Dave's hands and the way they felt against his bare chest, smooth and gentle. John got that tingly feeling that he didn't want to go away.

Dave put the final bandaid on John's chest and grinned. "There. My turn." Dave took off his shirt and John started to blush, but it was shortened after he saw Dave's state. John gently put his hand against Dave's chest, and Dave looked away.

John took Dave's head in his hands and kissed him.

"It'll be alright. Scars are just memories of what you fought for, and won."

"And you called me cheesy, dork."

They both laughed and John finished up cleaning dave.

-------------

They wadded up their dirty shirts and took them into John's room. They were stained and sweaty and they both decided it would be better to not wear them.

They both sat on John's bed, and for a couple seconds they just looked at each other. Dave's eyes we're so pretty, dark brown with flashes of red. They we're mysterious and loud at the same time, he wished he could stare at them more.

Dave walked away and put a cassette tape into John's old cd player, and walked around John's room. He looked at old photos, and all of John's books and video games. He laughed at his posters, all of which included Nic Cage.

He eyed old book called, Wizardly Herbert's Magical Adventure.

"Hey John?" Dave picked up the book and looked at it quizzicaly. "What's this?"

John laughed, "It's one of the books my dad read to me, it's actually kinda fun! I learned a lot from Herbert."

Dave plopped down next to John, "Read it to me."

"What? Are you serious."

"Read me, fucking Wiz Herbert or some shit."

John was hesitant.

"Is it weird I just wanna hear your voice?"
------------
They started to snuggle up to each other in the bed, with John's blankets around them. John felt relaxed, happy. It was getting late and Dave started to fall asleep.

"Come on Dave! You didn't tell me you were falling asleep!"

Dave murmured against John's bare chest.

John sighed and put the book down. He nuzzled Dave's neck to wake him up, and kissed his cheek. Dave sat up and ran his hand through his hair.

"That book sucks, sorry but it's true."

"Hey! It's awesome."

Dave shrugged, "Whatever. I'm just glad I'm with you."

John smiled and Dave put his arm around John's shoulder, as they started to sulk down further into John's bed, into the sheets. John yawned and buried his face in the nook between Dave's shoulder and his chest. He breathed him in, and closed his eyes. Dave kissed the top of John's head, and started to quietly sing.

Woah.

His voice was smooth, and deep. He could feel the warmth in every note he sung. It was a quiet little song, John couldn't quite put the name until...

"Take my hand, take my whole life too... For I can't help falling in love with you."

There fingers intertwined, John fell asleep smiling. John knew for sure he was in love.