Chapter 23

"Okay, this is beautiful, really, but we need to find Jennifer and......." Alexis trailed off as she heard something below them. Both she and Scott dropped down on their knees at the same time and pressed their ears to the floor. Huh, guess she inherited a few of her dad's quirks.

"There's somebody below us." Scott said. Alexis caught a wiff of their scent. It almost smelled familiar. She couldn't place it because her nose burned from the smell of disinfectant.

"Let's go." She said softly. They left the other's in the room and headed downstairs. The power was back on, but flickering. Alexis didn't feel very safe going in the elevator with this type of weather going on. They were just turning the corner and came face to face with a gun. Alexis gasped softly.

"Shh!" Chris hissed as he pointed behind them. The only thing at the end of the hallway was the elevator. Alexis listened closer and heard two heart beats coming from inside of it. Then the power went out again. Scott's phone made a ding noise from inside his pocket.

"Derek and Jennifer are stuck in the elevator." He said as he read the text. His phone went off again. "Annnd Stiles and Cora are in the ambulance that supposed to leave in 10 minutes but the driver is dead, Kali killed him." Scott said as he looked up. He slipped his phone away with a heavy sigh.

"Does that mean that Deucalion is here as well?" Alexis asked.

"Must be, Ethan and Aiden were here as well so they all have to be." Scott said as he went back for the stairs.

"What now?" Allison asked as they all headed back upstairs. Alexis and Scott shrugged at the same time.

"We have to wait 'til the powers back on before we can save Derek." Alexis said as they went into the room they were all harbored in previously. "But the question is, what do we do with Jennifer?" Alexis asked. Scott's phone went off again and he frowned.

"Deucalion has my mom." He said in a broken voice. He started for the door but Alexis grabbed him.

"He won't hurt her if he wants you to do what he says." Alexis said reassuringly. Scott nodded. There was a screech from down the hall and then the power flickered back on. Scott raced to then end of the hall, Alexis hot on his heals. Derek was passed out on the floor of the elevator, the doors wide open. Scott took one look and then ran to the stairs. Alexis knew he was going to the roof.

"Scott!" Stiles yelled as he ran to the end of the hallway after him. He stopped by Alexis and stared down at Derek in shock.

"Go, I'll take care of him." Alexis said as she pushed him towards the stairs. Alexis kneeled beside Derek and shook him. He didn't even twitch. "Derek...... Derek c'mon!" She yelled as she shook him harder. On a split second decision she lifted her hand to punch him. An inch away from his face, Derek caught her fist. Alexis stared at him in surprise.

"Where is she?" Derek asked as he sat up. Alexis sighed.

"I'm not sure. She has Melissa though." Alexis said as she got up and offered Derek a hand. Stiles came down the stairs a few a minutes later. Derek pulled him into a tight hug. "Where's Scott?" Alexis asked as they pulled away.

"He went with Deucalion." Stiles said in a defeated voice. Alexis nodded then turned her head to the side a bit when she heard something in the distance.

"Sirens." Derek said. Alexis nodded as took a step forward but almost fell down.

"Whoa, are you okay?" Stiles asked as he steadied her. She nodded.

"Wait.... what time is it?" She asked. Stiles checked his phone.

"Uhh, wow, 6:30 in the morning." He replied. Alexis cursed.

"My parents did the spell last night. I was supposed to-" she started but never got to finish the sentence because she blacked out.