Epilogue

Alexis woke to the sound of children laughing and squealing in delight. She pretended to be asleep still as she listened to what was happening downstairs.

"Shhh, mommy's still asleep." A boy's voice hissed.

"But Jacob, I wanna help!" The other boy whined, albeit quieter this time. Before an argument could start a girl's voice cut in.

"Both of you be quiet before dad yells at us for waking mom up." The girl said. Those were her kid's. Jacob was the oldest boy. He was eight and reminded her of Chris when he was that age. Always clinging to his older sister. Then there was Michael, he was six and wanted to be exactly like Jacob. Always trying to make Jacob proud of him. Then there was Elizabeth, but she demanded everyone call her by her middle name, Victoria, just like her mom's middle name and great grandma's name. She had just turned fourteen.

Then there was the newest member of the family that Alexis had yet to tell any of them about. Even Lucas didn't know yet. She tuned back into the conversation. Smiling to herself at how amazing her children had turned out so far.

"Vicky, you're not the boss of everything." Jacob said softly. There was a rustling noise, a page turning in a book. They were making homemade breakfast? Or was Jacob reading at the table again? Suddenly a hand covered her mouth and then a warm body was plastered against her back. She gasped quietly. Good thing Lucas had covered her mouth, the kids would have realised that she was awake.

"Morning beautiful." Lucas whispered as he uncovered her mouth and snuggled in closer. Enjoying the warmth radiating off of her body. She rolled over in his embrace and kissed him softly.

"I've got a surprise for you." She whispered back once they broke apart.

"Mmm, but today's your day." Lucas replied. Alexis shrugged.

"I think you'll all appreciate this little gift." Lucas looked at her suspiciously. She started talking again before he could say anything though. "I'm pregnant again." She whispered. Then the kid's burst into the room.

"HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM!" They all screamed in unison. Alexis smiled brightly as she sat up in bed.

"Thank you. I love you all so much." She said as she pulled all of them into individual hugs. They had made toast and eggs with bacon.

"We made the toast, daddy made the other stuffs." Michael said proudly. Lucas ruffled his hair and kissed his temple.

"It looks amazing! Great job!" Alexis exclaimed as she took a bite of the slightly too burnt and too dry toast. She put on a brave face and swallowed the bite before smiling. "It tastes amazing. Actually, I have a surprise for all of you as well." She said excitedly.

"But mom, today's your day..." Victoria trailed off. Alexis smiled.

"I know but I've been keeping this secret for three month's." She replied. Victoria gave her a look before realization dawned on her face and she took a sniff of the air.

"No way!" She exclaimed as she pulled her mother into a hug. Alexis laughed and hugged back.

"What? What?! I wanna know too!" Jacob whined.

"Well, in six month's, you're all going to get a new brother or sister!" Alexis said brightly. All of the kid's cheered and Lucas pulled her into a kiss. They had an amazing day. And six month's later they welcomed the newest little addition of their family into the world. Marisa Allison Whittemore. Their newest little girl.

The end, thank you all for reading!