Chapter 2

Done :) okay so this chapter is edited, hope you enjoy! Votes and comments are always nice :)

~Chrisy x

----------------------------

Chapter 2

.

.

.

.

.

I walked into the bookstore with a huge smile on my face.

"Hey there Ms. Sunshine. Watcha smiling about?"

I looked over to see Ryan heading my way.

"Today was the last day of school!" I nearly yelled.

He laughed at my excited face. No more school for two months. Two whole months! That means all the teasing and name calling would stop. People would be too concerned with how to spend their summer that they wouldn't even think about me. My life will be okay for two months. Of course there was my dad. That didn't matter though I would be spending all of my time at the bookstore anyways, so I would only see him at dinner.

"Hey can you take the cashier while go into my office? I have a ton of homework." he said looking slightly pained.

I looked at him confused. Homework?

"I took some summer courses down at the community college." He said shrugging.

"Oh! That's great Ry! But what about the shop? We are the only ones who work here."

I could manage the shop for a few hours, but all day? I don't think I'll be ale to handle that. What if multiple people came in here all at once? And then I get so overwhelmed I pass out and they rob us! Okay I'm being dramatic. The store really doesn't get that many customers and there's never been more than 5 people in here at once, including me and Ryan. I could handle running the shop while Ryan took care of his school work. Honestly, how hard could it be? I was a little disappointed though. I was looking forward to spending more time with Ryan, but I'm proud he's going back to school.

He laughed. "Well not anymore, I met this guy at the music store a few days ago. He was working there and kept complaining about how crappy his pay was, so I offered him a job here, which he gladly accepted."

He hired someone else? Not just someone else, a complete stranger at that! What happens if the guy turns out to be a jerk like everyone else? No this can not happen. This summer was suppose to be amazing, no bullies, no teasing and of course no Tammy! But now this?

"Do you think that's a good idea? I mean can we afford another person working here?" I said desperately hoping he would change his mind.

"Don't worry about it. The summer time is usually when we get the most income. That's when all the tourist come and want to keep a little piece of our town with them and what not"

It was an obvious lie. Tourists usually walk by the shop not even realizing it was there. Every now and then a tourist would come in and get a postcard or something but that's it. I sighed, Ryan must really like this guy if he's making up excuses for him to work here.

"You okay Becca?"

"Im just scared this new guy will be like everyone else. What if he hates me? Then it's gonna make this summer horrible. I was hoping this would be where I spend most of my time this summer, but what if this new person ruins it?" I said.

There was no point in lying to Ryan. He knows me too well.

"Don't worry Becca, I wouldn't have hired him if I didn't think you two wouldn't get along. Okay?" he told me with a reassuring smile.