chapter 14

School passed by in a blur. All I could think about was what was going on tonight and why Drake was ignoring me. After the whole episode in the classroom I had gone to my next class only to find Drake in it. I tried saying hi but he acted as if i wasn't even in the room. I had two more classes with him and he chose the seat farthest from me and acted as if I didn't even exist.

 I went home in a pissed off mood and was happy that I wouldn't have to see Drake's stupid face anymore. As soon as I entered the living room however, I realized that I was sorely mistaken. Drake and Zach were standing there in the middle of an intense staring match- they didn't even notice that I had entered the room. I decided to keep it that way and stood in the hallway. All at once, Zach started to yell at Drake.

"You better keep her out of this Stone!" His voice thundered around the house. I guess it was good that noone was home.

Drake replied in a voice more calm but sounded as if he was close to losing his temper any moment now too. "Zach, I need her help. This is my famiy. I can't leave them in danger."

" Exactly! You BASTARD! There is no way in hell you can put my family in danger to save yours! I've lost a father already , I'm not gonna lose her too." Zach was so angry i wondered when he would stop the chitchat and start with the beatings. 

I had no idea what they were talking about but it was obvious that it had to do with me. Apparently Drake had told Zach what exactly he needed help with and Zach wasn't so gungho about the idea. I was desperate to know what Drake wanted but I knew that if Zach shut the idea down I would never find out. It was time that I stepped in. 

" Zach! I won't hurt her! I swear! I just need her help!"

I came out of my hiding place and said in the most casual tone that I could muster, "To do what exactly?"

They both whipped their heads around and looked at me in astonshment. It was obvious what they were both thinking-We are so screwed.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hope you guys liked it! please vomment! (that word reminds me of vomit! weird i know.....)

~channa