chapter 5

"What about this one?"

"No."

"How about this one?"

"Nope."

"This one?"

"Oh God mom-no!"

Stupid party. That was all I could think about when trying to find a stupid dress for it. I hadn't been in the mall for ages and now that I was, I  regretted it. My mom had some type of vision in her twisted mind that i was going to like, get maried at that damn party. For God sake i was only a senior in high school. And if she thought that I was going to get a boyfriend she was sorely mistaken. I preferred to have guys as friends. Nothing more.

"Honey, what about this one?"

She held up the smallest black dress in the history of black dresses. It looked more like a shirt than a dress .

"Mom that is so slutty."

"Watch your language." Was she being serious?

"Well it is. Why cant we find a normal dress that doesnt look like a toddler should be wearing it?"

She gave me an increduolous look. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. It was actually kind of funny.

"Why cant you be more girly?"

"Sorry mom I was born this way."

"Okay thats it I give up go find your own dress."

I almost yelled. Thank the Lord.  I was waiting for her to give up.

"Thank you mom." I was so grateful that I gave her a huge hug but I quickly scampered away before she would change her mind. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I was ready to give up myself. Shopping was so damn hard.  The worst part was that i had no girly friends to help me. I continued to look throught the racks of clothing when my eyes landed on something i might actually wear.

 i took it off of the rack and saw how short it was- never mind then. unfortanately my mother saw me actually take interest in something and before i could protest ran to the check out line like a mad woman. i ran after her but tripped over a shirt that was on the floor . by the time i had made it to the register my mother had a triumphant look on her face. it was obvious that she had bought the damned thing. 

i could not believe her! She knew how much i hate short desses but she just grabbed it out of my hand and bought it! i stormed out of the store pissed and ignored my mother the entire ride home. she continually coaxed me into liking the dress but i refused. the second we got home i  ran out of the car and into my room. the party hadnt even started and i was already feeling tired. oh Lord this was going to be one long night.

__________________________________________________________________________

vote commet fan

channa